You are here
50/50 Raffle Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. General. By participating in the Dallas Cowboys 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”), entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, the decisions of Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd. (the “Club”), Cowboys Stadium, L.P., and The Salvation Army, a 501(c)3 public charity (the “Salvation Army”), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited. The Raffle is a fundraising tool to support the charitable efforts of the Salvation Army and by participating in the Raffle, entrants acknowledge, understand, and agree that their participation in the Raffle is voluntary and motivated by their desire to make a charitable donation to the Salvation Army and not for personal financial gain. The Club encourages entrants to participate in the Raffle responsibly. For full claim instructions, please click here.
2. Eligibility. With the exception of any Salvation Army Board Members, Salvation Army employees, Club employees, and family members (with family members including spouses, parents, and children) of the aforementioned Board Members or employees, the Raffle is open to all persons eighteen (18) years old and older and subject to these Terms and Conditions (each individually referred to herein as an “Eligible Individual”).
3. Raffle Process. The total proceeds from Raffle Tickets sold for that Drawing (“Raffle Tickets”), less reasonable expenses incurred by the Club for the operation of the Raffle as permitted by law shall be the “Jackpot”. The random selection of a unique Raffle Ticket number from the total pool of Raffle Tickets purchased during each Dallas Cowboys’ home game in which the Raffle is held during the Dallas Cowboys’ 2017-2018 NFL season (a “Game”) shall be referred to as an individual “Drawing”. The Jackpot accumulated for each Drawing will be publicly posted during the respective Game in which that Drawing was held. The Entrant in possession of the validly purchased Winning Raffle Ticket containing the randomly drawn Winning Raffle Number in the Drawing shall, upon the proper presentation and verification of the claimed Winning Raffle Ticket by the Club in the Club’s sole discretion and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, be the declared winner (the “Winner”) of that Drawing. For the purpose of clarity, only one (1) Winner may claim the Prize.
4. Purchasing Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets may be purchased as follows: two (2) Raffle Tickets for $5.00 USD; five (5) Raffle Tickets for $10.00 USD; twenty (20) Raffle Tickets for $20.00 USD; or eighty (80) Raffle Tickets for $40.00 USD. There are no discounts or complimentary Raffle Tickets. Raffle Tickets will be available for purchase by Eligible Individuals in-person at AT&T Stadium from designated sellers during all Games using valid U.S. currency. Raffle Tickets will be sold from the opening of AT&T Club gates on the day of the Game until the beginning of the second half of each Game. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an Eligible Individual may purchase or that the Club may sell. Each Eligible Individual who purchases Raffle Tickets (an “Entrant”) will receive a receipt corresponding to his/her purchased Raffle Ticket numbers. Raffle Tickets that are or appear to be tampered with are void. The Club shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by the Club. Raffle Tickets are only valid for the Drawing held pertaining to the date of purchase.
5. Proceeds: Prize and Foundation. Each Winner will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot for that Drawing (the “Prize”). Fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot will benefit the Salvation Army, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and the programs that the Salvation Army supports in its sole discretion. The Salvation Army helps feed, clothe, comfort, and care for those in need. The Salvation Army operates more than 7,500 centers in communities across the United States. These include food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, and a wealth of children’s programs.
6. Selection of Winner. During the fourth (4th) quarter of the Game, one (1) raffle number will be randomly drawn by electronic means by the Club to determine the winner of the Prize (the “Winning Raffle Number”). The Winning Raffle Number will be announced during the fourth (4th) quarter inside AT&T Club on select video boards and television monitors and listed on the www.DallasCowboys.com/raffle webpage following each Game. The Raffle Ticket containing the Winning Raffle Number shall be the “Winning Raffle Ticket” for that Drawing.
8. Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the Raffle Tickets does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution for personal income tax purposes.
9. Taxes. Each Winner shall be responsible for any and all travel, costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with a Prize. At the time of this printing, federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected by the Club from Winners prior to award and distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each Prize is claimed will be followed.
10. Odds. The odds of a specific Raffle Ticket being the winning Raffle Ticket depend on the total number of Raffle Tickets purchased for each individual Drawing.
11. Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize. Eligible Individuals who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other Eligible Individuals, but in doing so the purchaser waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the Prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Tickets to other parties, and may not knowingly give Raffle Tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other parties to re-sell such Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Terms and Conditions shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Terms and Conditions shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a Prize. A Winner may transfer his/her Prize to a third party provided that the following conditions are met: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been considered an Eligible Individual to enter the Raffle; (b) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Terms and Conditions; and (c) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions that are applicable to the Winner.
12. Judges. The Raffle will be conducted and supervised by the Club, whose decisions are final. The Club reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. The Club reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle should unauthorized human intervention, technical malfunction, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Raffle.
13. Release of Liability. By entering into the Raffle, all entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Terms and Conditions; and (b) release the Club, the Salvation Army, a separate and distinct 501(c)3 public charity, Cowboys Stadium, L.P., AT&T Services, Inc., the National Football League and its member clubs, the City of Arlington, and each of their respective promotional sponsors, advertisers, general partners, partners, affiliates, directors, officers, officials, agents, volunteers, contractors, and employees, (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Raffle, or from any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize.
14. Publicity Release. Each Winner shall grant (or decline at the Winner’s discretion) the Club and its designees and affiliates, including the Dallas Cowboys and the other Released Parties, full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such Winner’s name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and Prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each Winner shall execute all documents that the Club, the Salvation Army or any affiliate thereof may require to be signed in connection with this publicity release.
15. Governing Law. The Raffle and these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Texas. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or their application to particular persons or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Terms and Conditions shall be located in Dallas County, Texas.