You are here
Show More Events
Thu., Mar. 05, 2015 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM CST
Join The Break as they break down the latest Cowboys headlines.
Thu., Mar. 05, 2015 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM CST
Josh Ellis and Rob Phillips catch up on Cowboys news and the latest issue of STAR Magazine.
Fri., Mar. 06, 2015 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST
Join Bryan Broaddus, David Helman, and Dane Brugler as they broadcast LIVE from the NFL Combine
Broaddus: Scouting Report On Recently-Acquired Ryan Cook
Friday, August 31, 2012 7:51 AM CDT
Here is my scouting report on Ryan Cook, who was acquired via trade from the Dolphins late Thursday night. I studied games in the 2012 preseason against Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Dallas.
- Was drafted in the league as a tackle by the Vikings, has since moved inside to see time at both center and guard. Observed him as a center in the Dallas, Tampa Bay and Carolina games. Played right guard against the Falcons.
- Made the line calls as a center, aware of responsibilities when uncovered. Showed the ability to help across the pocket. Plays with some upper body strength, can hold his man along the line in pass protection.
- Little overextended and wide base at times but you didn’t see him get jerked out of his stance. Was able to get outside on the screen packages.
- Decent initial quickness out of his stance as a guard. Can make the reach or cut off block when asked. Several times where he did a nice job of getting his head across his man staying on his feet and working for a finish.
- Was impressed with his effort to finish blocks. Didn’t see him flopping around on the ground when doing his job. Played in position and showed some balance for the most part, only got a little out of whack on an inside twist stunt against Dallas but was fine on the same move against Tampa.
- Veteran player that gives you some position flexibility at two spots. Plays with a little power inside.