You are here
Wed., May. 25, 2016 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM CDT
Thu., May. 26, 2016 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CDT
Practice Report: Spencer Back But Limited, Corners Participate
IRVING, Texas - With the Carolina game coming up on Sunday, the Cowboys needed Wednesday’s practice to not only prepare for the Panthers, but also to determine the health status of some of their injured players.
• Anthony Spencer was present in practice with a helmet and shoulder pads, but he was wearing shorts instead of full pads like the rest of the team. The team is clearly monitoring his strained pectoral injury, but his presence on the field is at least a positive sign.
• After both received MRIs that came back negative, cornerbacks Morris Claiborne and Mike Jenkins were on the field in full pads and helmet. They appeared to be full participants in the practice session.
• Despite punting on Sunday against Baltimore, Chris Jones was not on the practice field as he presumably rested his ailing knee injury. Brian Moorman filled in and booted a number of booming punts in practice.
• Lance Dunbar was back receiving punts in practice along with Dez Bryant. With Felix Jones expected to start at running back many felt that Dunbar would be given the primary kickoff return duties. It looks like the Cowboys are experimenting with Dunbar in punt returns as well.
• As expected, DeMarco Murray was not present in practice as he tries to quickly rehab a sprained foot suffered against the Ravens on Sunday.
• Defensive end Sean Lissemore (ankle) and center Ryan Cook (hamstring) both sat out of practice. Cook was present on the field in a t-shirt and shorts as he participated in the stretching drills with the team. Lissemore was seen in the weight room while the team practiced. Read