You are here
Show More Events
Wed., Feb. 10, 2016 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM CST
Josh, Shannon, and David discuss the latest issue of Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
Thu., Feb. 11, 2016 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST
The Talkin' Cowboys crew broadcasts LIVE from Cowboys Headquarters.
Fri., Feb. 12, 2016 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST
Join Bryan Broaddus, David Helman, and Dane Brugler as they break down the upcoming draft.
Embed Code #101
Broaddus: Scouting Report For Newly Signed OT Weems
Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:50 AM CST
Here is my view of Darrion Weems offensive tackle the Cowboys signed from the Denver Broncos practice squad on Wednesday:
Games Studied: 2012 preseason New England Patriots against Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints. Read
- Played left tackle in both games.
- Nice extension in the way he blocks in the running game. Has length and hand placement.
- Athletic feet for reach blocks and backside cut offs. Has quick feet.
- Will play to the whistle, tries to finish blocks.
- Plays with some initial quickness off the snap. Gets into his block.
- Able to adjust feet in pass set, helps him get in position to complete block.
- Will need to work on lower body power to sit down on rusher.
- Tends to get over extended on his set because he doesn’t have enough upper body strength yet. Will play over the tops on his feet but can recover.
- Only saw on the ground one time when got tripped up blocking Vinny Curry of the Eagles on a cut off block.
- Played out of a two point stance and with hand on the ground as well. Is use to pass blocking from college (Oregon).
- If can develop strength I like the length and feet. Very similar to Jeremy Parnell in the way he played on tape.
Embed Code #111
Embed Code #106