You are here
Show More Events
Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM CST
Talkin' Cowboys broadcasts LIVE from Valley Ranch.
Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 6:15 PM to 6:45 PM CST
Coach Garrett speaks with the media from Valley Ranch.
Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
Join The Break as they break down the latest Cowboys headlines.
Broaddus: Scouting Report For Newly Signed OT Weems
Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:50 AM CST
Here is my view of Darrion Weems offensive tackle the Cowboys signed from the Denver Broncos practice squad on Wednesday:
Games Studied: 2012 preseason New England Patriots against Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints.
- Played left tackle in both games.
- Nice extension in the way he blocks in the running game. Has length and hand placement.
- Athletic feet for reach blocks and backside cut offs. Has quick feet.
- Will play to the whistle, tries to finish blocks.
- Plays with some initial quickness off the snap. Gets into his block.
- Able to adjust feet in pass set, helps him get in position to complete block.
- Will need to work on lower body power to sit down on rusher.
- Tends to get over extended on his set because he doesn’t have enough upper body strength yet. Will play over the tops on his feet but can recover.
- Only saw on the ground one time when got tripped up blocking Vinny Curry of the Eagles on a cut off block.
- Played out of a two point stance and with hand on the ground as well. Is use to pass blocking from college (Oregon).
- If can develop strength I like the length and feet. Very similar to Jeremy Parnell in the way he played on tape.