You are here
Show More Events
Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM CST
Join The Break as they break down the latest Cowboys headlines.
Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM CST
Talkin' Cowboys broadcasts LIVE from Valley Ranch.
Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 2:00 PM to 2:25 PM CST
Coach Garrett speaks with the media from Valley Ranch.
Broaddus Big Board: Your Final Guide For Thursday Night
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:54 PM CDT
With the NFL Draft only one day away, here is my final Broaddus Big Board for you to follow along with.
|1||Eric Fisher||OT||Central Michigan|
|4||Luke Joeckel||OT||Texas A&M|
|7||Jonathan Cooper||OG||North Carolina|
|10||Xavier Rhodes||CB||Florida State|
|12||Tavon Austin||WR||West Virginia|
|16||Tyler Eifert||TE||Notre Dame|
|18||Sylvester Williams||DT||North Carolina|
|22||Geno Smith||QB||West Virginia|
|25||Tank Carradine||DE||Florida State|
- My top 15 remained the same with Eric Fisher heading the list. I have felt since the Combine that he is a better player than Luke Joeckel who I don’t think was the best offensive tackle at Texas A&M but I will keep Joeckel at four with Lane Johnson at six. History tells me that one of these offensive linemen will be there when Dallas picks at 18 but I am betting that will not be the case. The three tackles and two guards are better value than any other positions that might be reached for.
- There has been plenty of talk about Dee Milliner sliding down the board because of surgeries but the front office guys I have spoken with around the league say don’t believe what you are hearing. There has also been talk about Sharrif Floyd getting out of the top three and potentially sliding to Tennessee at ten. Floyd still remains as the second best player on my board and that will not change.
- There are some interesting whispers about Xavier Rhodes at ten on my board and where he might go. His name could be linked to some teams in a trade up situation and with Tampa trading for Revis could there be a little slide for Rhodes. Keep an eye on that.
- Kenny Vacarro is linked to a couple of different teams in this draft. St. Louis, Dallas and Cincinnati. If I am Dallas I am a little nervous about teams knowing that the Rams could trade out of that pick from someone at the end of the draft looking for a safety. If I am the Cowboys I prepare for him to be gone but happy if he somehow makes it to 18.
- Tyler Eifert is the best tight end on the board and he sits at 16 for me. Big fan of his ability to get up the field and catch the ball.
- I have DJ Fluker at 19 and I probably like him more than what these Cowboys scouts do. My whispers have told me to watch the Giants behind the Cowboys if he were to slide there. I don’t see Fluker in the mix at 18.
- New to the Broaddus Big Board is DJ Hayden the cornerback out of Houston. I was way late to the party on him and that was a mistake. This is a very talent player that can do a lot of things coverage wise. Again, I probably have him higher than most but he does that well on tape. Just happy he is here now.
- Larry Warford is also new to the board. Probably not a great scheme fit for the Cowboys if they go with a zone blocking scheme but he deserves his due. There are teams that might have Pugh or Long higher on their board but this kid is a powerful player that has done nothing but get better.
- Off the board are Cordarrelle Patterson, Datone Jones and Bjoern Werner. I would not be scared at all to take Jones in this draft at some point but Patterson and Werner would bother me. Werner is most likely the player I have the most chance of not being right about when it comes to his ability but I am okay with that. He started off as a top five player and now he is working his way down the board. There is a reason for that.