You are here
Show More Events
Tue., May. 29, 2018 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM CDT
Join Kristi Scales and Nikki Harrison for the 5 Points Blue podcast "Back to the Basics"
Wed., May. 30, 2018 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM CDT
Watch LIVE as Jason Garrett holds a press conference from the AT&T Media Center at The Star in Frisco.
Thu., May. 31, 2018 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CDT
Watch as The Break broadcast from the SWBC Mortage Studio at the Star.
Embed Code #101 (Taboola Article Head)
Scout's Notebook: No Rotation So Far At Right Tackle Position
Monday, July 22, 2013 1:47 PM CDT
Here are some quick observations from Monday afternoon at training camp in Oxnard: Read
- Jason Garrett has always said that with injury comes opportunity. For several players, the opportunity is now. In observing the defensive line practice, assistant defensive line coach, Leon Lett has taken more of a hands-on-approach with backup defensive end, Cameron Scheffield. Lett was working with him on his hand placement and how to free himself when he was locked up with a blocker. Scheffield will continue to get plenty of work with the twos on the right side, as Kyle Wilber shifts to the left side to fill in for Anthony Spencer.
- Disappointing of the news with James Hanna and the hamstring strain that he is now dealing with. Gavin Escobar was working with Jason Witten when the offense went to their “12” personnel package with the ones while Dante Rosario, Colin Cochart and Andre Smith split the other reps. Escobar did a much better job of playing with some pace in the practice which is something that he struggled with in the OTA’s and minicamps. What Escobar is going to have to learn is that when he runs a route that it is usually in a combination with another so he has to make sure that he completes it with some quickness for the success of the play. It also is a benefit for him to get some work with Tony Romo for the first time in this scheme which will help to build some confidence and consistency.
- It was another practice where we did not see Doug Free and Jermey Parnell split reps like we had seen during the OTA’s and minicamps. During the practice we have seen Free work with the ones and Parnell with the twos. We have even seen Parnell get extra work during the young player practice before the veterans take the field. For a player that was in competition for a starting spot with Free, I didn’t expect to see him there.
- Speaking of young player practice, this appears the place that Travis Frederick will get his work at guard and during the normal practice will just stay at center. Frederick did see time and both guard spots on Sunday and didn’t appear to have any major problems in the process. Where he did struggle some is getting out quick enough on the screen trying to get a block in space.
- Joseph Randle will wear a brace on his thumb until the start of the season. Randle has not shown any issues catching the ball with the brace and feels comfortable in it. When asked about getting playing time this season, he was going to do whatever is asked of him, but when he is on the field, he never wants to come off. How well he does in blitz pickup and carrying out his assignments will determine how that will work but I do like his attitude about the position and how he sees himself in the fit.
Embed Code #111 (Taboola Article Body)
Embed Code #106 (Taboola Article Below)