You are here
Show More Events
Tue., Apr. 24, 2018 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM CDT
Watch LIVE as Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and Jason Garrett meet with the media prior to the 2018 NFL Draft.
Tue., Apr. 24, 2018 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM CDT
The Draft Show presented by Miller Lite broadcast from Henry's Tavern to get you ready for the 2018 NFL Draft! Come out to 5741 Legacy Dr #...
Wed., Apr. 25, 2018 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CDT
Watch as The Break broadcast from the SWBC Mortage Studio at the Star.
Embed Code #101 (Taboola Article Head)
Scout’s Notebook: New DE Turning Heads; Ready For Leary
Monday, July 29, 2013 3:03 PM CDT
OXNARD, Calif. - Some quick thoughts from the practice field in Oxnard:
- Ronald Leary returned to practice today and was working his way back into the mix running with the second line but as the third guard. My gut tells me that Leary might spend today working his way back in but don't look for it to take long for him to compete for the starting job. He has a lot of fans on this staff.
- Speaking of the staff, defensive end George Selvie fresh off the street has turned some heads in these practices with his work off the edge. The front office was not interested in adding a high dollar pickup to the mix while Anthony Spencer was recovering and with the addition of Selvie and the shifting of Ben Bass, they feel much better about the situation there.
- Rookie linebacker DeVonte Holloman is a much better defender against the pass than he showed on tape at South Carolina. He has shown athletic ability and awareness when placed in coverage situations.
- With Barry Church out of the lineup with a tooth that was giving him trouble, rookie safety J.J. Wilcox took his place during the walk through and will most likely do so the next several days. It was interesting that the coaches went with him over Matt Johnson but that seems to be how these coaches as a group are using these rookies. We have seen it at two other spots, center and third receiver. It appears that this rookie class is going to contribute right off the bat.
- Despite being the fourth running back on the depth chart right now, look for Joseph Randle to continue to get plenty of work these next five weeks according to Jason Garrett. What I have liked about his game so far is that he is not afraid of the physical side of the game. When he has been asked to step up and block, he has not been one bit shy. That is very important.
- A name you haven't heard in while is that of tackle Demetress Bell but in visiting with some members of the front office, there really is a plan for him. They knew he was in poor physical condition but they also feel like as a veteran tackle that he could get himself right physically here in the next couple of weeks then when they need him for these preseason games that he would be ready to go. The hope is to try and get him back to the form he showed in Buffalo. Edawn Coughman and Darrion Weems have been taking the majority of the reps at tackle while Jermey Parnell has been out as well. Offensive and defensive linemen are tough to find in this time of the year so taking a chance on Bell who has experience is worth the shot at this point.
Embed Code #111 (Taboola Article Body)
Embed Code #106 (Taboola Article Below)