You are here
Show More Events
Tue., Apr. 24, 2018 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM CDT
Watch LIVE as Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and Jason Garrett meet with the media prior to the 2018 NFL Draft.
Tue., Apr. 24, 2018 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM CDT
The Draft Show presented by Miller Lite broadcast from Henry's Tavern to get you ready for the 2018 NFL Draft! Come out to 5741 Legacy Dr #...
Wed., Apr. 25, 2018 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CDT
Watch as The Break broadcast from the SWBC Mortage Studio at the Star.
Embed Code #101 (Taboola Article Head)
Scouting Report: Checking Out Newly-Signed DT Drake Nevis
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:10 AM CDT
Scout’s Eye takes a look at newly signed Drake Nevis:
- Was a third-round selection by the Colts in the 2011 NFL Draft out of LSU….spent a short time with the Chargers after he was released this past summer…played as a defensive end in the Colts 3-4 scheme but should play inside at tackle for Monte Kiffin and Rod Marinelli.
- Showed some powerful initial quickness but there were times where he was a tick late coming off the ball…did not see much redirection quickness but did give effort to chase the ball…works to find the ball…showed some pass rush moves…best move was his swat or club where he would hit the shoulder of the blocker to get him off balance, then work up the field.
- Had two sacks against the Giants with an arm over move on the guard and the club move where he beat the guard and running back…can get push with power…has upper body strength….hard man to move one-on-one….will hold his ground to take up blockers…will play with strength as he moves down the line…has the power to shed but at times will get held up on blocks.
- Hard man to deal with when on the move…when he can get the shoulder, he can cause problems…does a nice job of playing on his feet…handled the low block well…see him more as a one technique or nose tackle….will be interested to see how Marinelli works with him on getting off the bal.
- While Nevis played in a 3-4 scheme for the Colts, where it was all about reading, then reacting, he was a defensive tackle in college at LSU. Nevis was an explosive player, so this scheme fit has a chance.
Embed Code #111 (Taboola Article Body)
Embed Code #106 (Taboola Article Below)