DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
You are here
Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM CST
Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 10:00 AM to 10:25 AM CST
Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 10:30 AM to 11:30 PM CST
Practice Update: Dez Returns; Ware Still Rehabbing
IRVING, Texas – For the second straight day, DeMarcus Ware was not practicing with the team but it does appear he’s getting closer in his rehab process. Ware, who missed his first game of his career last week because of a quad strain, did more work on the strength cords during Thursday’s practice.
Ware will likely be a game-time decision Sunday in Detroit.
“He’s making progress,” head coach Jason Garrett said. “We’ll see what he’s able to do today when he warms up and see if we can get him active and get him going.”
- As for DeMarco Murray, who also missed last week’s game with a sprained knee, the running back practiced for the second straight day and appears ready to play again this week.
- One player who was limited on Wednesday because of nagging injuries was Dez Bryant. But the wide receiver returned on Thursday and should be fine.
- “He worked through the early part of practice and then we made him a little bit more limited as practice went on,” Garrett said of Wednesday’s practice.
- Miles Austin (hamstring) seemed limited again on Thursday for the second straight day.
- Defensive tackle Nick Hayden was held out of Thursday’s practice with a back injury for the second straight day. Garrett said he expected Hayden to get some practice reps in on Thursday so it’s possible the defensive tackle showed up after the media portion of practice.
- Cornerback Morris Claiborne was also not at Thursday’s practice. He was not on the injury report on Wednesday.