You are here
Show More Events
Fri., Jul. 29, 2016 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM CDT
Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and Jason Garrett hold an opening press conference from the practice fields in Oxnard.
Fri., Jul. 29, 2016 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM CDT
The Talkin' Cowboys crew broadcasts LIVE from Oxnard.
Sat., Jul. 30, 2016 2:00 PM to 2:45 PM CDT
Jason Garrett holds a press conference prior to training camp practice in Oxnard.
Embed Code #101 (Taboola Article Head)
Scouting Report: Evaluating New DE Everette Brown
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:22 PM CDT
Scout’s Eye takes a look at Everette Brown: Read
- Drafted in the second round by the Carolina Panthers in 2009. Released two seasons later. Spent time in San Diego, Detroit and recently Philadelphia.
- 6-2, 263 pounds with a 4.65 40-yard dash out of Florida State. Had 13.5 sacks his junior year for the Seminoles.
- Games studied from Philadelphia 2013 preseason: New England, Carolina, Jacksonville, New York Jets.
- Played as an outside linebacker for the Eagles in their 3-4 scheme. Had some rushes where he put his hand on the ground and was used as a nickel rusher.
- Will play as a defensive end for the Cowboys in their 4-3 scheme.
- Physically, he has some length to his body, long arms, doesn’t look like he is carrying 263 pounds and doesn’t look overly big or thick.
- Was a much better player with his hand on the ground than he was playing in a two point stance. He showed some surprising power walking the tackle back for Carolina. When put his head down, got his hands inside the framework and pushed, he made some things happen, but he’s not going to make a living walking tackles back. He will need to play on the edge and not attack blockers down the middle. When he loses his momentum, he can have some issues.
- Has the quickness to get to the edge, stays active, showed a quick inside move, can be used on twist stunts to make something happen, will sharpen the corner on his rush.
- Will run the play down from the backside, can dip his shoulder, then work around the blocker, doesn’t give you much hitting surface on his rush when he dips his shoulder, will chase the ball when he is free.
- I have seen him use a spin move going a couple of different ways to try and free himself from blockers.
- Doesn’t always play strong. I thought his biggest problem was getting rid of blockers more quickly in the running game. He’s much better playing off tight ends and fullbacks than he is tackles. Does not play with enough strength to go toe-to-toe with a tackle and expect to be productive – he needs to beat them quickly before they get their hands on him.
- Best work is as a pass rusher -- had some really nice edge rushes against the Jets, showed a burst getting around the tackle and slapping the ball out of the quarterback’s hand. He can cause some problems when he is near or around the quarterback.
- When he was in position to make a tackle, he was able to wrap up and get his man on the ground.
Embed Code #111 (Taboola Article Body)
Embed Code #106 (Taboola Article Below)