DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
You are here
Tue., Jan. 27, 2015 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST
Wed., Jan. 28, 2015 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM CST
Thu., Jan. 29, 2015 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST
Get Latest Updates & Info of Tuesday's OTA Practice
IRVING, Texas – For the first time since last December, the entire football team is expected to be on the field Tuesday morning for the start of OTA (Organized Team Activity), although there will likely be a few notable absences.
As always, all eyes will be on the quarterback position as Tony Romo recovers from his back surgery from December. Romo isn't expected to be fully cleared for all drills but should be on the field for a light workout. Kyle Orton has not been with the club this offseason and is reportedly pondering retirement. Monday's OTA practice is voluntary for all players.
Newly-acquired defensive tackle Henry Melton (knee) is not expected to participate in this OTA or most of the summer practices until training camp.
This will be the first practice where both the rookies and veterans will be on the field together for organized practices.
While the OTA practice is closed to the public as usual, fans can use DallasCowboys.com to get a close-up view of the action.
- Staff writers Rowan Kavner, David Helman, Nick Eatman and Bryan Broaddus will cover the practice with live tweets from the sidelines of the sights and sounds.
- Near the end of the morning practice (11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., CDT), Bryan Broaddus will host a Live Look-In, giving fans a video look of the team period.
- Jason Garrett’s press conference -scheduled for 1:45 p.m. - can be seen here live and then later on demand.
- Hear from the players and coaches through videos and stories from the locker room after the first day of practice.
- Analysis and in-depth scouting reports following the practice.