WHAT: Oakland Raiders (4-7) at Dallas Cowboys (6-5)
WHEN: Thursday, 3:30 (CST)
WHERE: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
The Cowboys play host to the Raiders for the annual Thanksgiving Day game. It will technically be the first Turkey Day clash at the newly-named AT&T Stadium. But it’s second time the Raiders are coming to Arlington for this game since 2009.
With a win, the Cowboys can get two games over. 500 for the first time all season.
The Thanksgiving Day game is also well known for the halftime entertainment, which is in conjunction with the Red Kettle Kickoff Campaign for The Salvation Army. This year, Selena Gomez is the featured entertainer. Before the game, Mary J. Blige will sing the national anthem.
If you’re one of the fortunate fans to attend Thursday’s game, here are some other things to look for before, during and after the game.
Did You Know:
- The roof and the doors are expected to be closed for this game. Please note that this can change up to 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Plazas open at 12:30 p.m.
Doors open at 1:30 p.m.
Kickoff at 3:30 p.m.
- Albertson’s is the title sponsor for Thursday’s game. The first 40,000 fans to enter AT&T Stadium will receive a free team-branded expand-a-banner to use for cheering on the Cowboys. Albertson’s will make a pre-game check presentation to The Salvation Army for $1.5 million.
On the Plazas
Other forms of entertainment will abound at AT&T Stadium on Thursday.
- The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders will split their squad in half for pregame performances on both the East and West Plazas at 10:35 a.m.
- Rhythm & Blues Dance Team, Rhythm & Blues Drum Line and Rhythm & Blues Break Boys will each perform on both East & West plaza before the game.
- There will also be a free Kids Zone, complete with mechanical bull, rock climbing wall and zip line. There will also be NFL Play 60 games, face painting and balloon animals.
- There will also be giveaways like official game-used merchandise, CD’s, and much more on each stage in the plazas for games like Karaoke Contest, Ladder Golf, Bag Toss and Dance Contest
- There will also be Plaza food and beverage discounts1: $2 12oz. soda & bottled water $5 12oz. Miller beer, as well as discounted hot dogs, burgers and sausages.
- Mary J. Blige will perform the national anthem. A winner of Grammy Awards, Blige has sold more than 50 million albums.
- Sunday’s halftime show will feature Selena Gomez as the Cowboys continue to support The Salvation Army. Since 1997, the Thanksgiving halftime show has been an annual kickoff to the Red Kettle Campaign. Gomez, a native of Grand Prairie, is a rising pop culture star both as a recording artist and actress.
… Looking For 20
All season long, Cowboys fans attending home games will be hoping for at least 20 points. This year, Papa John’s has partnered with the Cowboys for the ultimate fan promotion. Any game in which the Cowboys get at least 20 points, all fans in attendance will get 50 percent off their entire order the following day at papajohns.com with promo code COWBOYS20. Offer valid for regular-priced menu items and only at participating stores.
New Bag Policy
Fans are reminded to remember the NFL’s new bag policy(http://www.dallascowboys.com/bags/), which will be in effect Sunday night and at every Cowboys home game this season.
Only hand-held purses will be allowed into the stadium, along with clear plastic tote bags that do not exceed 12”x6”x12” inches.
Items such as backpacks, coolers, large purses, camera bags, diaper bags, fanny packs and seat cushions are not allowed into the stadium under the new NFL safety rules.
Traffic & Parking:
- It’s recommended to use www.dallascowboysmaps.com for all travels to AT&T Stadium. This website provides the best routes from point of origin to the pre-purchased or selected cash parking lot.