WHAT: Washington Redskins (1-3) at Dallas Cowboys (2-3)
WHEN: Sunday, 7:30 p.m. (CDT)
WHERE: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
The Cowboys play their fourth home game and their second Sunday Night Football game this weekend against their NFC East rivals, the Washington Redskins.
Here are some things to look for:
One More Ring For Allen
Newly-inducted Pro Football Hall of Famer Larry Allen already has several rings. He earned one when he helped the Cowboys to the Super Bowl XXX championship, and he was added to the team’s Ring of Honor on Nov. 6.
Allen will be presented with his Hall of Fame ring during halftime of the Cowboys-Redskins game, as he became the 12th Cowboys player and the 14th member of the Cowboys organization to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Allen was enshrined on Aug. 3, the night before the Cowboys’ Hall of Fame Game victory against Miami to open the 2013 preseason.
Allen will wear his iconic gold Hall of Fame jacket for the ceremony, and his Hall of Fame bust, which typically resides in the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, will be shipped to Dallas for the occasion.
Did You Know?
- The roof and doors are scheduled to be closed. Please note that this can change up to 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
- LED bracelets will be given to fans attending the game, courtesy of Reliant and the Dallas Cowboys.
On the Plazas
Other forms of entertainment will abound at AT&T Stadium on Sunday.
- The Jason Dee Williams Band will perform on the East Plaza from 6:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. Sunday night, just before kickoff.
- On the West Plaza, the J.J. Pearce Mustang Stampede Dance Group will give 10-minute performances at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders will split their squad in half for pregame performances on both the East and West Plazas at 10:35 a.m.
- Rhythm & Blues Dance Team, Rhythm & Blues Drum Line and Rhythm & Blues Break Boys will each perform on both East & West plaza before the game.
- There will also be a free Kids Zone, complete with mechanical bull, rock climbing wall and zip line. There will also be NFL Play 60 games, face painting and balloon animals.
- There will also be giveaways like official game-used merchandise, CD’s, and much more on each stage in the plazas for games like Karaoke Contest, Ladder Golf, Bag Toss and Dance Contest
- There will also be Plaza food and beverage discounts1: $2 12oz. soda & bottled water $5 12oz. Miller beer, as well as discounted hot dogs, burgers and sausages.
- Trumpeter Freddie Jones will once again perform the national anthem Sunday, as he is scheduled to do for every home game this fall. Jones’ instrumental anthem has been wildly popular at the Cowboys’ first three home games this season.
… Looking For 20
All season long, Cowboys fans attending home games will be hoping for at least 20 points. This year, Papa John’s has partnered with the Cowboys for the ultimate fan promotion. Any game in which the Cowboys get at least 20 points, all fans in attendance will get 50 percent off their entire order the following day at papajohns.com with promo code COWBOYS20. Offer valid for regular-priced menu items and only at participating stores.
New Bag Policy
Fans are reminded to remember the NFL’s new bag policy(http://www.dallascowboys.com/bags/), which will be in effect Sunday night and at every Cowboys home game this season.
Only hand-held purses will be allowed into the stadium, along with clear plastic tote bags that do not exceed 12”x6”x12” inches.
Items such as backpacks, coolers, large purses, camera bags, diaper bags, fanny packs and seat cushions are not allowed into the stadium under the new NFL safety rules.
Traffic & Parking:
- It’s recommended to use www.dallascowboysmaps.com for all travels to AT&T Stadium. This website provides the best routes from point of origin to the pre-purchased or selected cash parking lot.
- The I-30 HOV lane is being converted to a managed toll lane. As a result, HOV lanes from west of downtown Dallas to the Tarrant County line will not be available. However, you can access the HOV lane that serves the left exit to AT&T Way, as it will continue to be open for in-bound and out-bound needs.
- Lamar Avenue in Arlington is under construction and has been reduced to one lane from Collins to Ballpark Way.
Important Times (CDT):
10 a.m. – AT&T Stadium Parking Lot Opens
Noon – Miller Lite and AT&T Plazas Open
1 p.m. – AT&T Stadium Entrance Opens
3:25 p.m. – Cowboys vs. Broncos kickoff
6:30 p.m. – Post-Game Party (Main Concourse East Platform)
About the Game
- Sunday night marks the 106th meeting all-time between the Cowboys and the Redskins. The Cowboys lead the series by 20 games with a mark of 62-42-2. The Redskins swept both meetings in 2012, the first time that has happened since they won both games during the 2005 season.
- A Washington win would give the Redskins a three-game winning streak in the series. That has only happened twice since 1960, when the Redskins won three in a row between 1983 and 1984, and when they won four in a row between 1986 and 1988.
- The Cowboys’ longest streak in the series is 10 games, when they went unbeaten against the Redskins from Nov. 16, 1997, until Dec. 29, 2002.
- The largest margin of victory for either team came during Dallas’ 38-3 victory against Washington on Dec. 26, 1993.
- The Redskins’ lone victory of the season came during their 24-14 Week 4 win against Oakland, giving them an 0-1 record against the AFC West. The Cowboys are 0-3 against that division this season, with losses to Kansas City, San Diego and Denver.