The Dallas Cowboys selected Jordan Carrell out of Colorado with one-of-three seventh round (246th overall) draft selections in 2017. Carrell played two seasons at Colorado after transferring from American River junior college in Calif., where he was very productive along the defensive line, compiling 12.0 sacks and 29 tackles for loss his freshman and sophomore seasons. At Colorado, he added 6.5 sacks and 15 tackles for loss with 100-plus tackles in two years as a consistent presence and disruptive penetrator in the front seven of one of the nation’s best defenses. His durability (695 snaps in 2015 and 784 snaps in 2016) and ability to collapse the pocket as a defensive tackle will give him a chance to make the Cowboys as a rookie.
- Started all 14 games including the Alamo Bowl, earning honorable mention All-Pac-12 honors from the league coaches, leading the defensive line with 51 tackles and adding 5.5 sacks and 13 pressures.
- Recorded 1.5 sacks for his first career multi-sack game, playing a season-high 75 snaps and adding a sea- son-high seven tackles with three tackles for loss at Oregon.
- Played in all 13 games, including 12 starts, and posted 52 tackles, seventh on the team, eight tackles for loss, 11 pressures, and a team-high three forced fumbles.
- Had a season/career-high 10 tackles in the season finale at Utah, when he also forced a fumble and made two third down stops.
- Earned first-team All-America as a sophomore (by the JC Athletic Bureau) after recording 61 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 19 pressures and eight sacks for American River junior college.
- Had 30 tackles as a freshman, 10 for losses, with four sacks, along with four passes broken up, 11 hurries, two fumble recoveries, an interception and a blocked field goal at American River.
- Played his prep ball at Roseville, Calif., High School, where he was a two-year starter at center and defensive end.
- As a senior, he blocked for a potent offense that averaged 439 yards (231 rushing) and 33.4 points-per-game, recording 23 pancake blocks while not allowing a quarterback sack. On defense, he was in on 31 tackles, with six for losses including two sacks, along with 10 hurries and two interceptions.
- Graduated from Colorado with a degree in Communication.
- 2017 Rookie Club presented by Essilor USA.
- 2017 Cowboys U High School Camp.