Mark Nzeocha was selected by the Dallas Cowboys with their first of three seventh round draft choices (236th overall) in the 2015 NFL Draft. Nzeocha, a German national from Neusitz, moved from his homeland to play college football at Wyoming. As a collegian, he amassed 207 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, five forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, nine pass deflections and an interception while starting 26-of-39 games. He began his rookie year on Reserve/NFI, rehabbing a knee injury suffered in college. He returned to practice, was inactive for five of the last seven games, but did see action in two games. In 2016 Nzeocha saw time as a reserve linebacker and on special teams, playing in six games. He will look to play a bigger role for Dallas in 2017 utilizing his strength, speed and size.
- Played in six games, posting four tackles as a reserve linebacker with one stop on special teams.
- Inactive the first four games of the season but made his debut against Cincinnati (10/9) on special teams.
- Had his first career stats, playing a majority of the fourth quarter in the finale at Philadelphia (1/1/17), finishing with four tackles and a special teams tackle - his first career stats.
- Spent the first part of his rookie season on Reserve/NFI to rehab a knee injury suffered in his last college sea- son, but was added to the active roster to play in two games late in the season.
- Returned to practice on Oct. 28 and activated from Reserve/NFI on Nov. 18.
- Was inactive for the first four games on the active roster, made his NFL debut on special teams against the N.Y. Jets (12/19) and played in the finale against Washington (1/3/16).
- Named Academic All-Conference for three straight years, with a cumulative GPA of 3.41 in finance, and was named to the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame Hampshire Honor Society.
- Suffered a torn ACL against San Jose State on Oct. 18 and missed the remainder of the 2014 season, limiting his senior season to only seven games - all starts.
- Led the team in tackles at the time he suffered his injury, averaging 8.4 tackles-per-game (59 total), while also logging three tackles for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and five pass breakups.
- Named to the Academic All-Conference team for the second straight season for his work in the classroom.
- Placed third on the team with a career-best 101 total tackles and tied for second with a career-high 10 tackles for loss while starting all 12 games as a junior.
- Named to the Academic All-Mountain West team for keeping a 3.24 GPA as a sophomore. Started the first two games of the season at safety and played in 10 contests, finishing with 32 tackles and a forced fumble.
- Played in 10 games and made five starts at a safety/linebacker spot as a freshman and totaled 15 tackles, one interception and two pass breakups.
- Attended FOS Ansbach High School in Germany, but with no football at his high school, he played club football for the Franken Knights Youth Team.
- Was a member of the German National Team that played in the 2009 Junior World Championship in Canton, Ohio.
- Majored in finance at Wyoming.
- 2015 Rookie Club presented by UnitedHealthcare.
- 2015-17 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
- 2015 Early Thanksgiving Day meal at The Salvation Army.
- WrestleMania 32 week community event at Children’s Health Medical Center.
- 2016-17 Draft Day/Fan Appreciation Party.
- 2016 Dirk Nowitzki Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game.
- Annual Team Holiday Hospital Visits.
- Kick Off Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.