Ryan Switzer became a Dallas Cowboy in the fourth round (133rd overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft and will provide the team with a legitimate punt return threat while also giving the offense a sure-handed receiver. Switzer left North Carolina with a conference record seven career punt returns for touchdowns and tied the NCAA record with five in one season (2013, freshman). He also set UNC marks for career receptions (244), receiving yards (2,907), punt return yards (1,082) and punt return touchdowns (seven). He also owns the single-season school record with 96 catches as a senior.
- First-team All-ACC as a senior, finishing his collegiate career as one-of-nine players in conference history with 1,000 punt return yards, finishing sixth with 1,082.
- Led the team with personal-highs, catching 96 passes for 1,112 yards (third in school history) and six scores.
- Became the sixth Tar Heel with a 200-yard day, catching a personal-best and school record 16 passes (tied a conference record) for a career-high 208 yards with one touchdown against Pittsburgh.
- Named to the AFCA All-America Team as an all-purpose player and earned All-ACC first-team specialist honors as a junior, leading the team with 55 catches for 697 yards and six touchdowns with two punt returns for scores.
- Ranked second in the conference with a 13.9-yard punt return average (22 for 202).
- Appeared in all 13 games, starting nine, and led the team with 61 catches and 757 yards with four touchdowns.
- Added another passing touchdown (35 yards) and rushed for 29 yards on eight carries.
- Returned 37 punts 172 yards (13.2) and had a 17-yard kickoff return on the year.
- Caught at least one pass in all 13 games with a then career-high nine against Georgia Tech and at Miami.
- As a true freshman, named first-team All-America as a punt returner/specialist and became the first Tar Heel freshman since 1996 to earn All-ACC honors.
- Tied an NCAA-record and established an ACC record with five punt returns for touchdowns and set single-season school records with 502 punt return yards and a 20.9-yard average.
- Tied an NCAA record, becoming the second player with a punt return for a touchdown in three straight games.
- Finished his freshman campaign with 24 returns for 502 yards and five touchdowns while catching 32 passes for 341 yards and three touchdowns, rushing for 29 yards on 10 carries and completing one pass for a 59-yard touchdown.
- First-team Parade All-America, three-time first-team all-state and two-time first-team all-state captain at George Washington High School in Charleston, W.Va.
- Carried the ball 206 times for 2,379 yards and 32 touchdowns and caught 20 passes for 253 yards and four touchdowns while returning three interceptions for scores as a senior.
- Helped lead George Washington’s basketball team to the 2011 AAA state title and was the AAA state track champion in the 4x100 and 4x200 relays.
- Earned his degree in exercise sports science.
2017 Rookie Club presented by Essilor USA.
- 2017 Cowboys U High School Camp.