PRO: Danny McCray signed with Dallas as an undrafted rookie free agent following the 2010 NFL Draft and impressed coaches throughout training camp and the preseason with his special teams play and a knack to be around the ball and make plays. McCray was one-of-four rookie free agents to make the team out of camp joining safety Barry Church, fullback Chris Gronkowski and center Phil Costa. He finished his rookie season with 28 special teams tackles, the third-most in a season in team history since the club started recording special teams tackles in 1988. McCray built on his rookie campaign in 2011 and continued to be a force on special teams, leading the unit with 19 tackles. He also saw some time as a reserve on defense and posted five tackles, a sack, a tackle for a loss and a quarterback pressure.
4/30/10: Signed with Dallas a rookie free agent.
• Played in 14 games, missing the final two with an ankle injury, and led the team in special teams tackles (19) for the second straight season. Also added five tackles, his first career sack, tackle for loss, pressure and forced fumble.
• Had a tackle, a pressure, his first career sack and forced fumble while leading the team with three special teams tackles in the season opener at the N.Y. Jets (9/11).
• Tied for the team lead with a pair of special teams tackles in the home-opening win against Washington (9/26).
• Notched two tackles on defense against Detroit (10/2) then tied for the team lead with three special teams tackles at New England (10/16).
• Recorded his first career tackle for a loss on defense against Buffalo (11/13).
• Was inactive the final two games of the season with an ankle sprain.
• Led the team with 28 special teams tackles - the third-most in team history since 1988 - and a team-best 25 solo stops on coverage units. Added four tackles on defense, one interception and one pass breakup.
• Also led the club with five special teams tackles in preseason action.
• Made his NFL debut on special teams at Washington (9/12).
• Tied for the team lead with two tackles on special teams against Chicago (9/19).
• Recorded his first career interception at Houston (9/26) with a fourth quarter pick of Matt Schaub and added one pass breakup. Also added two tackles on special teams.
• Notched his first career stop on defense against Tennessee (10/10).
• Posted two tackles on special teams the next two games, at Minnesota (10/17) and at the N.Y. Giants (10/25).
• Tied for the team lead with a season-high three special teams stops at the N.Y. Giants (11/14).
• Had one tackle on defense against Detroit (11/21).
• Led the team with three special teams tackles at Indianapolis (12/5).
• Was second on the team with a season-high tying three tackles on special teams against Philadelphia (12/12).
• Posted two tackles on defense and added another two on special teams against Washington (12/19).
• Played in 52 games with 13 starts at LSU and recorded 196 tackles, including seven tackles for losses and 3.0 sacks.
• Added three interceptions, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.
• Played both linebacker and safety during his career.
• Had two starts at strong safety in 13 games as a senior recording 49 tackles and two fumble recoveries.
• Finished fourth on the team as a junior with 53 tackles playing in 12 games with eight starts.
• Added two tackles for loss and five pass breakups - good for fourth on the team.
• Earned three starts in 14 games as a sophomore to post a career-best 64 tackles, 4.0 sacks and three tackles for loss. Added two interceptions and a fumble recovery.
• Played in all 13 games as a true freshman to record 30 tackles, three forced fumble and one interception.
• Member of the Westfield High School (Houston, Texas) Class 5A state championship team in 2004.
• Earned first-team all-district honors in 2005.
• Ranked 22nd in the nation by Rivals.com in a listing of safeties.
• Recorded 96 tackles and two interceptions as a junior in high school.
• Maintained a 4.0 GPA in high school.
• Majored in business.
• 2010 Dallas Cowboys Rookie Club.
• 2010 Served an early Thanksgiving meal at The Salvation Army.
• 2011 Super Bowl XLV NFL Experience Youth Football Clinics.
• 2012 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
• Annual team Holiday Hospital Visits.
• Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.
• Dallas Cowboys Kickoff Luncheon and Cowboys Family Cookbook benefitting Happy Hill Farm.• Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.