PRO: Kevin Kowalski signed with Dallas as a rookie free agent prior to the club’s 2011 training camp. Through his preseason work, he became one-of-three undrafted free agents to make the club out of training camp in 2011 and spent his rookie season as a reserve offensive lineman. As a rookie, Kowalski played in 11 games, mainly on special teams units, but also saw important snaps on the line due to injuries.
7/28/11: Signed with Dallas as a rookie free agent.
• Made his NFL debut on special teams in the opener at the N.Y. Jets (9/11).
• Took over at center for Phil Costa (knee) in the fourth quarter and helped Dallas to the game-tying and game-winning field goal in the overtime win at San Francisco (9/18)
• As a senior started all 13 games at center and was invited to play in the 2011 Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.
• Helped an offense that finished fourth in the conference in total offense (365.4 yards-per-game) and third in rushing yards (167.4 per-game).
• Moved to center and started all 12 games as a junior with an offensive line that ranked 16th in the nation in total offense (437.9 yards-per-game) and 18th in passing offense (278.1 yards-per-game).
• Started all 12 games at right guard as a sophomore on an offensive line that allowed 16 sacks to rank 24th in the nation and tied for third in the conference.
• Played right guard as a true freshman as a part of an offensive line that allowed just 16 sacks, tying for 19th in the nation and second in the conference.
• The offense also ranked first in total offense (448.4 yards-per-game) and rushing (209.2) and second in scoring (32.9 points-per-game).
• Was named to the first-team Division II All-Ohio team as a senior at Nordonia High School in Macedonia, Ohio.
• Selected to play in the Big 33 All-Star Game.
• Also played defensive lineman for his 8-1 team, tallying 75 tackles and 10 sacks.
• Participated on Nordonia’s track and field team, throwing discuss and shot put.
• Earned a degree individualized studies from Toledo.
• 2011 Rookie Club presented by UnitedHealthcare.
• 2012 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
• Annual Holiday Hospital Visits.
• Kick Off Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
• Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.• Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.