Join Mickey, Bryan and Ed as they broadcast LIVE from Valley Ranch.
PRO: Phillip Tanner arrived at Cowboys 2011 training camp as a rookie free agent looking to turn heads. He did just that through the preseason to become one-of-four undrafted free agents to make Dallas’ 2011 active roster out of camp. As a rookie, Tanner played in nine games before a hamstring injury suffered at Arizona (12/4) eventually landed him on Reserve/Injured. He finished the season as a reserve running back, rushing for 76 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries while adding three special teams tackles.
12/9/11: Placed on Reserve/Injured with a hamstring injury.
7/28/11: Signed with Dallas as a rookie free agent.
• Was inactive in the season opener at the N.Y. Jets (9/11) then made his NFL debut on special teams in the overtime win at San Francisco (9/18).
• Inactive against Washington (9/26) then saw action on special teams against Detroit (10/2)
• Recorded his first career tackle on special teams at New England (10/16) then his first career carries against St. Louis (10/23), finishing with six carries for 34 yards and a touchdown.
• Against Buffalo (11/13) had a season-best 11 carries for 29 yards.
• Was limited to action on special teams at Washington (11/20) and Arizona (12/4) before a hamstring injury left him inactive at Arizona (12/4).
• Was placed on Reserve/Injured on Dec. 9 with the hamstring injury.
• Ended his collegiate career with 430 carries for 2,024 yards (4.7 avg.) and 33 touchdowns.
• Voted CoSida/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District four times (2007-10).
• Named to the 2009 Doak Walker Watch List and was the winner of the Dr. James Walker Junior Academic Award
• Started all 13 games, rushing for 928 yards and 13 touchdowns on 160 attempts (5.8 avg.) and catching 21 passes for 194 yards.
• Started two games in 2009 rushing for 83 yards before redshirting for the season after suffering a bone contusion in his knee.
• Presented the Terry Whiteside award for excellence in academics, athletics, strength training, community and campus.
• Started four of the 12 games he played as a junior and led the team in rushing with 714 yards and a team-best 15 rushing touchdowns and caught 13 passes for 135 yards.
• Rushed for a career-high 159 yards on 14 carries with five touchdowns in the win over North Texas.
• Added a sixth touchdown against the Mean Green with a 92-yard kickoff return. His six scores were a SBC record for touchdowns and points.
• Tallied 301 all-purpose yards against UNT to rank third on the school’s single-game all-purpose yardage list.
• Had one start in nine games played, rushing for 299 yards and four touchdowns on 64 attempts and caught six passes for 119 yards as a sophomore.
• Named ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District.
• Rushed for a season-best 144 yards and three touchdowns on only nine carries, including a 79-yard run for a score at Louisville.
• Played on special teams and as a nickel back on defense in all 13 games as a true freshman, netting 16 tackles, one sack, and returning nine kickoffs for 197 yards with a long of 61 yards and an average of 21.9 yards-per-return.
• Collected 4,275 yards and 76 touchdowns during his career at Justin F. Kimball High School in Dallas, Texas.
• Rushed for 1,705 yards and had 29 touchdowns during his senior year and also lettered in track all four years as he qualified for the regionals in the 100 meters as a sophomore, junior and senior.
• Also competed on Middle Tennessee’s track and field team as a member of the outdoor 4x100 meter relay team.
• Majored in recreation management at Middle Tennessee State.
• He and his wife, Devin, have two daughters, Tanity and Jayla and a son,
• 2011 Rookie Club presented by UnitedHealthcare.
• 2012 Dallas Cowboys Draft Day/Fan Appreciation Party.
• 2012 “Dallas” TV Show Premiere attendee.
• 2012 Commissions for Charity Day at local Hedge Fund Company benefitting Children’s Charities Worldwide.
• 2012 City of Dallas Anti-Graffiti Workshop at South Dallas elementary school.
• 2012 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
• Annual Holiday Hospital Visits.
• Kick Off Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.• Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.