Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.
PRO: Alex Albright was one-of-three undrafted free agents to make the 2011 roster out of training camp after a consistent performance through the preseason. As a rookie, Albright played in all 16 games, mainly on special teams, and finished third on the squad with 14 tackles. In a limited role as a reserve linebacker, Albright posted two tackles and two pressures.
7/28/11: Signed with Dallas as a rookie free agent.
• Finished his rookie season third on the team with 14 special teams tackles while notching two tackles and a pair of pressures as a reserve linebacker.
• Made his NFL debut in the opener at the N.Y. Jets (9/11) on special teams and recorded one tackle.
• Tied for the team lead with two special teams tackles in the overtime win at San Francisco (9/18).
• Once again tied for the team lead with two special teams tackles at Philadelphia (10/30).
• Notched his first career defensive tackle with one stop against Buffalo (11/13).
• Added two more special teams stops at Arizona (12/4) and again at Tampa Bay (12/17) along with his first career hurries.
• As a fifth-year senior, was selected as a team captain, played in eight games and finished the year with 30 tackles, nine for losses, 3.5 sacks and an interception.
• Broke his leg in the eighth game and missed the remainder of the season.
• Intercepted his first career pass against Kent State.
• Started seven games as a redshirt junior defensive end and recorded 32 tackles with eight for losses.
• Placed second among team defensive linemen with 20 solo tackles.
• Had a career-best seven tackles with one for a loss at Notre Dame.
• As a junior, played in only two games after suffering a neck injury.
• In two games posted four tackles a sack and a fumble recovery.
• As a sophomore, earned All-ACC honorable mention, finishing with 38 tackles, a team-best 8.5 sacks, 10 tackles for losses, a hurry and two forced fumbles.
• Missed the final two games of his second season after breaking his left forearm.
• Played in all 13 games as a true freshman with a start in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.
• Finished his first season with 20 tackles, two tackles for losses, 2.0 sacks and tied for the team lead with three fumble recoveries.
• Earned AP all-state first-team honors as a senior defensive end at St. Xavier High School in Cincinnati, Ohio.
• Earned the Greater Catholic League South Player of the Year after helping lead the team to the 2005 Division I state title.
• As a senior in 2005, was All-Southwest Ohio first-team, registering 83 tackles with 12 sacks.
• Also starred on St. Xavier’s basketball team, helping the squad advance to the 2005 Division I state championship contest.
• Earned his degree in communications from Boston College.
• 2011 Rookie Club presented by UnitedHealthcare.
• 2011 United Way Hometown Huddle.
• 2012 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
• Annual Holiday Hospital Visits.
• Kick Off Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
• Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.• Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.