Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.
PRO: The Dallas Cowboys improved their secondary immediately in free agency by signing talented cornerback Brandon Carr to a five year contract. Carr, a four-year starter for Kansas City, looks to be the shut-down cover corner the Cowboys were seeking. In his four years in Kansas City, Carr amassed 265 tackles, eight interceptions, 60 pass breakups, one forced fumble and four fumble recoveries.
3/14/12: Signed as a free agent with Dallas.
8/4/11: Re-signed by Kansas City.
4/27/08: Drafted in the fifth round (140th overall) by Kansas City.
2011 (Kansas City):
• Started all 16 games at right cornerback, recording 58 tackles, 13 pass breakups and a single-season career-best four interceptions.
• Posted five tackles and one pass breakup at Detroit (9/18) before logging another four tackles at San Diego (9/25).
• Recorded his first interception on the year with a pick of Donovan McNabb against Minnesota (10/2) and added two tackles.
• Added his second interception at Oakland with a pick off of Kyle Boller, while adding two tackles and two passes defensed.
• Produced a season-best seven tackles against San Diego (10/31).
• Had two tackles, a pass breakup and his third interception at Chicago (12/4).
• Finished with three tackles, two pass breakups and his fourth interception on the year in the season finale at Denver (1/1/12).
2010 (Kansas City):
• Ranked fifth on the team in tackles with 70 while adding a team-high 22 pass breakups, with one interception and a fumble recovery in 16 starts at right corner.
• Posted two tackles and a fumble recovery against San Diego (9/13).
• Recorded eight tackles and one pass breakup at Indianapolis (10/10).
• Had a career-high five pass breakups against Denver (12/5).
• Tied his career-best with nine tackles at San Diego (12/12).
• Registered three tackles, three pass breakups and an interception against Tennessee (12/26).
• In his playoff debut in the AFC Wild Card Game against Baltimore (1/9/11), posted four tackles.
2009 (Kansas City):
• Started all 16 games at right cornerback and totaled 60 tackles, two tackles for loss, an interception, 19 pass breakups, one forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
• Notched four tackles and three passes defensed against the N.Y. Giants (10/4).
• Had four tackles, a tackle for loss and one pass breakup at Oakland (11/15).
• Against Pittsburgh (11/22), recorded a season-high eight tackles.
• Added five tackles, a tackle for loss, a pass breakup and forced and recovered a fumble against Buffalo (12/13).
• Recorded three tackles, an interception and three pass breakups against Cleveland (12/20).
2008 (Kansas City):
• Started all 16 games as a rookie, 14 at left cornerback and two as a nickel corner.
• Named to the USA Today All-Joe Team.
• Finished fifth on the team in tackles with 77 while adding one tackle for a loss, two interceptions, six pass breakups and two fumble recoveries.
• Made his NFL debut as one-of-six Chiefs rookies to start on opening day at New England (9/7) and recovered a fumble.
• Had a team-high eight tackles starting in place of injured Patrick Surtain at Atlanta (9/21).
• Registered his first career interception against Denver (9/28) and had a fumble recovery.
• Tallied a career-best nine tackles at Carolina (10/5).
• Against Tampa Bay (11/2) had six tackles, one pass breakup and an interception.
• Saw action in 49 career games with 42 starts at Grand Valley State, where he recorded 206 tackles (147 solo), 11 interceptions with one touchdown, and two fumble recoveries with one touchdown.
• Was part of a Grand Valley State squad that compiled a 50-4 record and won two NCAA Division II titles during his tenure.
• Started all 13 games at right cornerback as a senior, earning first-team All-America honors from The NFL Draft Report and adding second-team honors from the Associated Press.
• Also earned All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference first-team accolades and was named the conference’s defensive back of the year.
• Posted 45 tackles, had two interceptions with one returned 41 yards for a touchdown and deflected a team-high 13 passes.
• Started all 15 games at right corner as a junior posting 71 tackles, a team-high six interceptions and 15 pass breakups, while earning first-team All-America and All-GLIAC honors.
• Recorded 78 tackles, three interceptions with one touchdown and nine pass breakups in 13 starts as a sophomore where he earned all-conference honors.
• Appeared in eight games on special teams and saw duty on defense in five games as a true freshman in 2004. Finished the season with 12 tackles and two pass breakups.
• Attended Carman-Ainsworth High School in Flint, Michigan, where he earned all-conference honors as a senior cornerback posting 53 tackles and two interceptions.
• Added 24 receptions for 431 yards with four touchdowns as a receiver.
• Also lettered in basketball.
• Has a daughter, Sidney.
• Majored in Communications at Grand Valley State.
• Participated in various charity events while with the Kansas City Chiefs.
• 2012 Exercise Like A Pro - NFL/United Way Play 60 fundraiser.
• 2012 NFL United Way Representative.
• 2012 “Dallas” TV Show Premiere attendee.
• 2012 Dallas Cowboys Draft Day/Fan Appreciation Party.• 2012 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.