PRO: Chris Jones originally went to training camp with Dallas as an undrafted free agent in 2011 but was released at the end. The club signed Jones to their practice squad on Oct. 28 as Mat McBriar was slowed with a leg injury. While filling in for McBriar, Jones had a gross average of 42.6 yards-per-punt, a net average of 40.5 with four punts downed inside the 20-yard line, a long punt of 54 yards and one touchback on 10 punts in two games.
12/31/11: Signed to Dallas’ active roster.
11/5/11: Signed to Dallas’ active roster then was released (11/15) and re-signed to the practice squad (11/17).
10/28/11: Signed to Dallas’ practice squad.
7/28/11: Signed with Dallas as a rookie free agent but was released (9/3).
• As an undrafted free agent, punted eight times for a gross of 37.0, net of 33.1 and three downed inside the 20-yard line in the preseason.
• Was released at the end of camp then signed to the practice squad Oct. 28. He was released just four days later and signed again Nov. 2.
• Was activated on Nov. 5 to make his NFL debut against Seattle (11/6) in place of McBriar (foot) and punted four times with a 43.0 gross and net average and two punts downed inside the 20-yard line.
• Inactive against Buffalo (11/13), released Nov. 15 and signed to the practice squad on Nov. 17.
• Was once again called up after McBriar landed on IR and punted in the season finale at the N.Y. Giants (1/1/12) with six punts, a 42.3 gross, 38.8 net, two downed inside the 20 and a long of 54 yards.
• As a senior in 2010 punted 48 times averaging 42.1 yards with a long of 73.
• During his junior year, earned second-team All-SAC honors and played in all 14 games, ranking third in the conference in punting with an average of 39.3 yards-per-punt.
• Landed eight punts inside the 20-yard line, forced 21 fair catches on 54 attempts and had a season-long punt of 55 yards against UNC-Pembroke.
• As a sophomore averaged 38.5 yards on 41 punts and landed six punts inside the 20-yard-line with a long punt of 57 yards and was a Preseason All-South Atlantic Conference selection and a second-team All-SAC selection.
• Was named to the first-team All-SAC selection as a freshman, averaging 41.4 yards on 34 punts and kicking six inside the 20-yard-line with a long punt of 64 yards.
• While attending Robert E. Lee High School in Houston, Texas, had 135 receptions for 1,928 yards and 16 touchdowns and as a senior led the 7-on-7 team to the state championships.
• Majored in sociology at the University of Houston.
• 2011 Rookie Club presented by UnitedHealthcare.
• 2012 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
• Annual team Holiday Hospital Visits.
• Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.• Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.