Join Mickey, Bryan and Ed as they broadcast LIVE from training camp in Oxnard, California.
PRO: With intentions of bolstering the interior of the offensive line, the Dallas Cowboys signed Mackenzy Bernadeau during the first days of the 2012 free agency period on March 14. A young lineman with NFL experience, Bernadeau has seen action in 47 games during his career at both left and right guard while starting 20 of those contests. The Carolina Panthers originally drafted him in the seventh round (250th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft.
3/14/12: Signed a four-year contract with Dallas.
4/27/08: Drafted in the seventh round (250th overall) by Carolina.
• Played in 15 games with one start at left guard.
• Did not play at Arizona (9/11).
• At Tampa Bay (12/4) played the second half at left guard for Travelled Wharton, who left the game with tightness in his back.
• Started at left guard against Atlanta (12/11) when Wharton moved to left tackle in place of Jordan Gross, who was inactive with a sprained ankle. Opened paths for the Panthers to total 157 rushing yards on 23 attempts - an average of 6.8 yards-per-carry - with one touchdown against the NFL’s fifth-rated rushing defense.
• Played in 16 games with 12 starts.
• Started the first five games at right guard and the last seven at left guard after Wharton suffered a season-ending toe injury at Tampa Bay (11/14).
• Helped the Panthers generate more than 100 yards rushing in six of the last seven games with a season-high 212 yards against Atlanta (12/12).
• Played in all 16 games with seven starts.
• Started final seven games at left guard after Gross suffered a season-ending leg injury that forced Wharton to move from left guard to left tackle.
• Helped Panthers average 156.1 rushing yards-per-game and set team records with 2,498 rushing yards, 525 rushing attempts and 123 rushing first downs.
• Cleared lanes for running backs DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to become the first set of teammates in NFL history to each rush for more than 1,100 yards in the same season.
• Made first NFL start against Miami (11/20).
• At the N.Y. Giants (12/27) created paths for the Panthers to accumulate 247 rushing yards, the fifth-highest single-game total in team history.
• Dressed but did not play in five games and was inactive for 11 games.
• Inactive for the NFC Divisional Playoffs against Arizona (1/10/09).
• Started all 37 games he played during his career at Bentley, seeing action at both left guard and left tackle.
• Named the Northeast-10 Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year as a junior and senior.
• As a senior, was named American Football Coaches Association All-American, Northeast-10 Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year and First-team All-Northeast-10 Conference selection while starting six games at left guard before being sidelined with a knee injury for the final four games.
• As a junior, named Northeast-10 Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year, First-team All-Northeast-10 Conference selection and was the Falcons offensive most valuable player while starting all 11 games, splitting time between left tackle and left guard.
• As a sophomore, named first-team All-Northeast-10 Conference selection and started all 10 games at left tackle while contributing to an offense that averaged 34.1 points and 440.6 yards per game.
• Started all 10 games at left tackle as a freshman and helped Bentley average 458.2 yards-per-game.
• Attended Waltham, Mass., High School.
• Majored in management at Bentley.
• Participated in various charity events while with the Carolina Panthers.• 2012 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.