2018 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Former Dallas Cowboys: Jason Garrett. I love that he was a player, and is now the head coach!
- Movie: Serendipity
- Quote: My favorite quote is actually quite lengthy! It’s a passage from Marianne Williamson’s book, A Return to Love. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We think, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You’re playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
- Food: Mexican food - I love guacamole!
- Article of Clothing: Baseball Caps
- Phone App: Pinterest
- Cartoon Character: Spongebob Squarepants - My brother loved to watch this show growing up.
- TV Show: The Office
- Holiday: Christmas
- Charity: American Cancer Society - my high school did a lot of work to raise money for this charity, and it has always held a special place in my heart.
- Ice Cream: Chocolate with Peanut Butter
WHAT IS YOUR JUNK FOOD WEAKNESS?
Anything with chocolate and peanut butter.
WHO IS YOUR “CELEBRITY CRUSH”?
WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
I would love to be a mix of Oprah & Ellen DeGeneres! Getting to know people, laughing & inspiring others sounds like the best way to make a living!
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Being in an airplane crash is my biggest fear.
WHAT IS AN EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
My freshman year of high school, I was sitting in the student section at our football game. I was by a bunch of boys, one specifically that I had a crush on. We finally started to talk at the game, and because I was so caught up in the conversation, I must have missed several phone calls from my Dad...next thing I know; someone taps on my shoulder. It was my Dad, in the middle of the student section, while I was talking to this cute boy! I was in complete shock & totally embarrassed. Doesn’t he know he can’t come into the middle of the student section? Especially when I was talking a cute boy!
DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS (IF SO LIST NAMES)?
I had a childhood cat named Willow, that passed away recently. She was my cuddle buddy!
WHO IS THE MOST INSPIRATIONAL PERSON IN YOUR LIFE?
One of my closest friends from college chases down every dream he has. His efforts inspire me to chase down mine!
WHAT IS YOUR DREAM VACATION DESTINATION?
In college, I studied abroad on a European Tour. I visited Paris, London, Edinburgh, and Dublin! I would LOVE to go back and see these beautiful cities again!
IF YOU HAD TO PICK TWO CELEBRITIES TO BE YOUR PARENTS WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
My parents are celebrities in my mind. I am so thankful for my parents, and can’t imagine life without them!
LIST 5 WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU:
Genuine, kind, thoughtful, determined, and loyal
WHAT IS ONE THING MOST PEOPLE WOULD BE SURPRISED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I love musicals! I was in musical camps growing up, and nothing gets me more motivated than “Defying Gravity” from Wicked!
DO YOU HAVE ANY NICKNAMES?
Mads, Mad, M & my family calls me CC, Sips, or Heimer
WHAT FAMOUS PERSON (DEAD OR ALIVE) WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH? WHY?
I would love to have dinner with Oprah. She is so strong & uses her light to make others shine. I have so much respect for that!
WHAT IS THE MOST EMBARRASSING SONG ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW?
My best friend from Kindergarten & I love to jam out to “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus. It’s actually so inspirational & always reminds me of my friend.
WHAT IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?
Late night cereal! What is it about breakfast foods that make them so appealing at night?
WHAT WOULD BE YOUR SUPER POWER?
Invisibility - I’d love to follow my friends around & do nice things for them without them seeing!
FINISH THIS STATEMENT: I am most proud of….
Following my heart even when it doesn’t make sense. I went to a large public high school in Illinois, and I thought I wanted a big college far from home. But my heart called me to a small, all women’s college in Indiana. Same thing with DCC, taking a leap to pursue this dream made no sense to me at the time, but I’m so glad I followed my heart!
WHAT IS YOUR DANCING BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE?
I grew up dancing in a studio, and then danced for my high school dance team. We danced during football season, basketball season, and we competed. Then in college, I danced for the University of Notre Dame Dance Company, and the University of Notre Dame Pom Squad! My senior year of college, I auditioned for DCC, and made it to training camp! Although I was cut, I decided to stay in Dallas and take prep classes to prepare for auditions this year!
WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO AUDITION FOR DCC?
I never thought I would pursue dance after college. I always thought I would get an education degree and move back to Illinois to become a teacher! However, I saw girls I danced with in college stop dancing after graduation, and I realized I wouldn’t be done. Soon after I realized this, I was walking out of pom practice, and a Cowboys game was on in the gym! I looked up and Head Coach Jason Garrett was motioning the players, and yelling, “Come on!” I just knew that was my sign!
IF YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING TO COWBOYS FANS, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?
THANK YOU for your love & loyalty! I’m so thankful we get to share our love for this amazing organization together!
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE SOMEONE WHO DREAMS OF BECOMING A DCC?
Follow & honor your heart. There are going to be challenges, and difficulties, but that does not mean give up. Sometimes “no” just means “not yet”. Dreams do come true!
WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT BEING A PART OF DCC?
The women of the organization, by far. Kelli, Judy, Alumni, Veterans, and Staff constantly inspire me to be a better dancer, person, woman, and teammate.