Star Scholars was established in 2020 and is collaborative effort between Reliant Energy Services and the Dallas Cowboys. This program was designed to identify Dallas-Fort Worth area student athletes for their leadership, determination, and commitment to athletics, academics and the community.
The scholarship will reward model academic performance, superior demonstration of athletic ability and work in the community by high school seniors planning on attending a full-time accredited four year college or university.
A total of 6 scholarships at $10,000 each will be awarded to 6 student-athletes that are seniors from Dallas Independent, Arlington Independent and Frisco Independent School Districts. Awards will be made solely based on merit.
The $10,000 scholarship is payable directly to the awardee's college or university. It may not make separate disbursement to pay for any expenses, including books and other materials required by the institutions at which awardees enroll. The award will be paid out in one payment and can be applied to tuition, room and board, fees, and other costs as determined by the student's university. The award can only be applied toward earning a bachelor's degree.
STAR SCHOLAR CRITERIA:
Eligibility In order for a student-athlete to be eligible for this scholarship he or she must be nominated by a coach, teacher or school administrator (of the school in which the student-athlete is currently enrolled.) All entries submitted for consideration must be completed online by the coach, teacher or administrator by visiting dallascowboys/reliantscholarship and completing the one-page application. The student athlete must meet the following criteria:
1. The student-athlete must be a full-time high school student located in Dallas, Texas scheduled to graduate in the spring of 2020.
2. The student-athlete must be planning to pursue a college degree and be enrolled in college in the fall semester of 2020
3. The student-athlete must have participated in a varsity sport between August 1, 2018 and the present.
4. The student-athlete must have a minimum G.P.A of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
5. The student-athlete must be nominated by a coach, teacher, or administrator on or before November 18, 2020.
Nominations must be submitted by November 18th, 2020