OFFICIAL RULES ("Official Rules")
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER.
- 2. TO ENTER. Between 12:00:01 p.m. Central Daylight Time ("CDT") on June 26, 2019 and 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on July 2, 2019 ("Promotional Period"), you may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways: a. To enter via Twitter, log into your Twitter account, follow @DallasCowboys (twitter.com/dallascowboys), and during the Promotional Period, reply to the designated tweet posted on the @DallasCowboys Twitter account about the Sweepstakes using the hashtag #CowboysHawaiiSweepstakes. Publishing a reply Tweet in accordance with these instructions will provide you with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All replies must be posted on Twitter by 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on July 2, 2019. Re-tweets will not be considered eligible entries.
- b. To enter by mail, print your full name, e-mail address, street address (P.O. boxes not accepted), city, state, zip code, telephone number, and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in a plain business size envelope to: Dallas Cowboys Hawaiian Flyaway Sweepstakes, Attn: Corporate Partnerships – Marketing Representative, One Cowboys Way, Suite 100, Frisco, TX 75034. Each entry must be in a separate postmarked outer envelope. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by July 1, 2019 and received by July 2, 2019. Once submitted, all entries/entry information become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. ("American Airlines" or "Sponsor") and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. No facsimiles allowed.
Limit one (1) entry per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or the minimum age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, the National Football League, Pro Silver Star, Ltd., Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd., and each of their respective parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) AMERICAN AIRLINES DALLAS COWBOYS VIP HAWAII PRE-SEASON FAN EXPERIENCE package for winner and one (1) guest, which consists of: (a) coach air travel between the major commercial airport nearest winner's residence (as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) and Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (Honolulu, Hawaii); (b) hotel accommodations (standard, double occupancy) for two (2) nights in Honolulu, Hawaii; and (c) two (2) lower level tickets to Los Angeles Rams v Dallas Cowboys preseason game ("Event"), to be played at the Aloha Stadium on August 17, 2019. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the grand prize: $3,644. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize. All other expenses not specifically
mentioned herein are the responsibility solely of the prize winner. If winner is unable to travel/attend prize events on the dates specified by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited. If the guest of the winner is a minor (under the age of 18) he/she must be accompanied by the winner at all times (including, without limitation, in-flight, hotel stay, and all prize-related events) who must be the guest's parent or legal guardian. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled event(s).
Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Winner and guest are solely responsible for having all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver's license or Passport) required for travel. American Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without the proper documentation. Other restrictions may apply. Once travel guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Guest accompanying winner must sign and return release of liability/publicity prior to booking travel. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable, not returnable or redeemable for cash, and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Honolulu, Hawaii, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons and/or entities providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the relevant winner at the time of notification. Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other relevant forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
Event tickets may be subject to additional terms and conditions; see back of ticket for details. Sponsor is not responsible if the Event is delayed, postponed or canceled for any reason. Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation or postponement of the Event. Winner agrees that Event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner and his/her guest, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Winner and his/her guest may be required to produce government-issued identification prior to entering the Event.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZE. On or about July 3, 2019, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor whose independent judging organization ("Administrator") will select the winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. The Administrator's and Sponsor's decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. The potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within seven (7) days from date of issuance, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If the prize, prize
notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner's consent to use of his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, grand prize information and/or statements about this Sweepstakes without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes in all media worldwide by Sponsor or its designees. By accepting prize, winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. If the potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor's parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor's parent/legal guardian. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Administrator reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential winner and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Released Parties (as defined below).
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prize will be taxable to winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize not specifically provided for in these official rules is solely the winner's responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any prize will be awarded. Winner will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects and are subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the prize to winner to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted eligible entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, NFL Entities (as defined below), Pro Silver Star, Ltd., Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd., Twitter Inc. and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries/mail which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Online entrants must have a valid Twitter account and e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same Twitter account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant (or if a similar dispute arises for another reason), the authorized account holder of the relevant Twitter account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or Twitter account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Twitter Inc., or any other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses/Twitter accounts or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or her entry) who tampers with the entry process. Participants may not enter with multiple Twitter accounts. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple Twitter accounts/email addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device to participate multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in Sponsor's discretion.
10. DISPUTES. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS ("JAMS Rules and Procedures") then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Texas law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration
provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
The Sweepstakes Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth above in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Texas, in Collin County.
11. WINNER'S LIST. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Dallas Cowboys Hawaii Flyaway Sweepstakes, Attn: Corporate Partnerships – Marketing Representative, One Cowboys Way, Suite 100, Frisco, TX 75034. All requests for the Winner's List must be received by August 1, 2019.
12. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
13. NFL ENTITIES. The National Football League, its member professional football clubs (other than Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd.), NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL
Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, the "NFL Entities") will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Promotion or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Promotion in any way.
A portion of all travel booked on American Airlines may be American Eagle® service. American Eagle® service is operated by Envoy Air Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, AAdvantage Million Miler and American Eagle are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC. Copyright 2019 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.