Hi, Cowboy Fans!
I am very pleased and grateful to be back for my second year on DCRB. I auditioned for this team not knowing how much impact it would have on my life and how much it would help me in all aspects of life. This team continues to push me to have strong work ethic. I've gained discipline, adaptability, and learned how to be a better teammate and person. The growth I have experienced not only as a dancer but as a person is something I will forever be grateful for.
I am so proud to say that I'm from El Paso, Texas. Although El Paso is a small city and there are limited opportunities, the support that I have received is undeniable. You have to make the most of what you have, and I am grateful for all the opportunities I have worked for and received. I am most grateful for the opportunity given by the studio owners from the studio I trained at (New Horizons Dance Academy) for giving me the chance at 15 years old to instruct and choreograph the teen/adult competition dance team. Being an instructor at a young age really pushed me to evolve mentally and expand my creativity. I am eternally appreciative to all my family, especially my parents, my mentors, my beautiful friends and many others I have met and taught me something along my journey.
I feel very fortunate and blessed to say I am a Dallas Cowboys Rhythm and Blue Dancer. There are many exciting moments ahead and I can't wait for this season to come.
- Number of years on the team: 2 Years
- Prior dance/Entertainment Industry Experience: 3 years of teaching experience, choreography for high schools and competitive dance groups, Miss El Paso and Miss Teen El Paso Pageant performances.
- Nicknames: Sky, HaleySky, "Chata" was my parents nickname for me when I was little because I had a little piggy nose and chunky cheeks, my mom's current nickname for me is "Bunny." DCRB Jesse calls me Chikis. DCRB Ariel calls me Chaki.
- Hometown: Born and raised from El Paso, TX
- I dance because: It's what completes me. Dance is a talent I would never exchange for any another. I dance because the feeling of finishing a piece of choreography and knowing you killed it or finishing a freestyle round being completely and genuinely satisfied with is a feeling that I cannot get with anything else.
- What I like to do most besides dance is: Enjoy my outside life, whether that be working out, enjoying quality time with my friends and family, or mainly spending time alone and really taking time to myself to run errands or have a self-care day.
- I've always wanted to: Learn how to really play an instrument, mainly the electric guitar, piano or saxophone. The saxophone is my favorite instrument.
- Advice to Youngsters: Always be kind to others, be the person that makes someone's day. Never be intimidated or proud to give somebody a genuine compliment, especially when the recognition and compliment is due. Everything comes back to you, so make sure you are sending lots of love, positivity, gratitude to every person, animal, and plant around you.
- My biggest role model is: Will forever be my mom, she has helped mold me into a strong- minded person and I am forever grateful for the many life lessons she has prepared me for. She is my #1 supporter, my best friend, and my good luck charm.
- What I like to do most about being a DCRB Dancer is: Being around my teammates and doing what I love the most, dancing.
- Favorite Cowboys player past or Present: Tony Romo is my favorite Cowboys player. He was the Cowboys quarterback for many years, and he represented Hispanics, strong hard work ethic and was a great team leader.
- Favorite Performer: Mecnun Giasar has to be one of my favorite dance performers. He was born and raised in Germany and his performing, choreography and dancing skills are unreal and leave me jaw dropped. It is definitely a mission of mine to take his class and experience the feeling of his work in person.
- Favorite Music: Alternative R&B/R&B, Alternative Hip-Hop, Classic Hip-hop Indie, Latin, Jazz, Afrobeat. I am not picky at all when it comes to music. I am a big music person.
- Favorite Quotes: "What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create". -Buddha "Action is the foundational key to all success." - Pablo Picasso "You are worthy of the same grace you have so generously extended to others." -MHN
- The three guests I would invite to my fantasy dinner party are (dead or alive): Masego, Jhene Aiko and SiR.