Join the Dallas Cowboys and Whataburger in celebrating local high school football coaches! Over the course of the 2022 high school football season, the Dallas Cowboys and Whataburger will team up to recognize 10 local coaches who are making an impact on their team, school and community. As part of their recognition, each coach will receive a $2,000 grant courtesy of Whataburger and the Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation for his football program.
- Week 1: Trey Brooks — Rockwall HS
- Week 2: Lee Wiginton — Allen HS
- Week 3: Chad Cole — Reedy HS
- Week 4: Seth Parr — Anna HS
- Week 5: Brandon Harrison — Kimball HS
- Week 6: Phillip Tanner — Southwest HS
- Week 7: Kyle Geller — Burleson Centennial HS
- Week 8: Phil Young — FTW Arlington Heights
- Week 9: JJ Resendez — Crowley High School
- Week 10: Casey Walraven — Alvarado High School
The Dallas Cowboys are proud to partner with Whataburger for the 2022 Coach of the Week program. The 2022 season marks the 28th year the Dallas Cowboys have honored high school football coaches with the Coach of the Week program. The program spans the length of the high school football season and is designed to aid and promote high school football and the development of youth football. The goal of the Coach of the Week program is to give high school football coaches the recognition they deserve and provide schools financial assistance to maintain and upgrade their football programs. Over the life of the program, the Coach of the Week program has provided more than 285 grants totaling more than $470,000 to area football programs.