Hey Cowboys Nation,
This is my fifth season dancing on the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm and Blue Dance Team. Words can't explain how grateful and excited I am to be back with my teammates doing what we do best which is performing and entertaining. I am honored to be a part of this organization and the amazing opportunities it has to offer.
I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. I started dancing my freshman year of High School on the drill team and also joined a competitive studio hip hop team. My mother is a former dancer and encouraged me to transition from cheerleading to dance. After I made the transition, I stayed with dance because I knew in my heart I was exactly where I needed to be. When I graduated high school, I wanted to challenge myself to audition for a professional team. Now, here I am five years later in my fifth season dancing with the Cowboys, and I couldn't be any more appreciative.
Every year my teammates and I have worked hard to earn back our spots on this team. It truly takes passion and commitment to be a part of Rhythm and Blue. Our amazing director Jenny Durbin Smith constantly pushes us to be the best version of ourselves when it comes to performing and in life in general. This organization wouldn't exist if it weren't for her, and I'm beyond hyped to see all the incredible things we accomplish this season. #RBLF!
- Number of years on the team: This is my 5th year on DCRB!
- Prior Dance/Entertainment Industry Experience: Prior to auditioning for DCRB, I only had 4 years of dance experience which included high school drill team and competitive studio dancing.
- Nicknames: The Little Mermaid and Mija
- Hometown: I was born and raised in El Paso, TX. #915
- I dance because: I dance because I love the energy that it brings into my life. I fell in love with dancing when I realized how free movement made me feel!
- What I like to do most besides dance is: Besides dance, I love to lift weights because it makes me feel strong and powerful. It also helps my confidence inside and outside of the gym.
- I've always wanted to: I've always wanted to skydive! Even though I'd be terrified to jump off the plane, I just want to know the feeling of falling through the air.
- Advice to Youngsters: Always stay true to yourself and do things that excite you! Embrace the small steps in your journey of life and believe that you are capable of anything you set your mind to.
- My biggest role model is: My biggest role model is my Mom. She has raised me to be a strong, powerful, and independent woman who carries good values. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for her. She has shaped me for greatness.
- What I enjoy most about being a DCRB Dancer is: There are quite a few things I enjoy about being a DCRB Dancer, and one of them is spending time with my teammates during the holidays. Whether it's when we're performing for Christmas shows or simply getting together to have a Thanksgiving dinner, I just love how that's part of our culture and being so united makes our memories even more valuable.
- Favorite Cowboys player past or present: One of my favorite players is Dak Prescott.
- Favorite Performer: My favorite performer is JLO! She's an icon and I love how versatile she is.
- Favorite Music: I love to listen to R&B and EDM music!
- Favorite Quotes: "What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create." - Buddha
- The three guests I would invite to my fantasy dinner party are (dead or alive): JLO, Zendaya, & Rihanna