Hi Cowboys Nation,
I am thrilled to be a part of the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers for my 3rd year after taking a break for 2 years! I am beyond grateful to have the opportunity to dance alongside such inspiring individuals.
I am from Frisco, TX and have lived in San Diego, California and Jacksonville, North Carolina when I was younger while my father was in the U.S. Navy. I graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing. I am an Account Executive for a Marketing and PR firm, a group fitness instructor, and have recently established my own Marketing Agency in the DFW area. I feel fortunate to not only use my degree, but also can pursue my passions as well by dancing and coaching.
I am thankful for the support of my family and friends who have cheered me on through all my endeavors and believed in me every step of the way. The time off to finish school and establish my career, and now coming back for a third year on DCRB, could not have happened without all the amazing people in my life.
I am eager to see all of you again and perform for America's team.
Let's go Cowboys!
- Number of years on the team: I am entering my third year on the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers.
- Prior Dance/Entertainment Industry Experience: I danced for two years on the Texas Legends Dancers and two years on the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue.
- Nicknames: My nicknames are Cami and Cam.
- Hometown: My hometown is Little Elm, TX, but I have lived in Frisco, TX, most of my life.
- I dance because: I dance because it is a form of expression that is felt beyond just myself. Performing is an unmatched feeling and seeing the effect it has on a crowd is truly rewarding. Dancing with a team is a unique opportunity to connect with one another in a way that goes beyond words.
- What I like to do most besides dance is: I enjoy finding new music and attending concerts most besides dancing.
- I've always wanted to: I've always wanted to be in a movie, commercial, or TV show.
- Advice to Youngsters: My advice to youngsters is to have faith in the direction your life is going. Through all the ups and downs you may face, there is a beautiful outcome around the corner. A 'no' is not an answer, it is an opportunity for growth and something better.
- My biggest role model is: My biggest role model is my father. He has shown me what hard work, perseverance, love, and selflessness looks like my entire life. I am beyond grateful to not only witness how life should be lived through him, but also receive the guidance, support, and understanding from him.
- What I enjoy most about being a DCRB Dancer is: What I enjoy most about being a DCRB Dancer is sharing the stage and experiences with my teammates. We all strive for the same goal and can see it through together. I love that we feed off each other's energy and are fortunate enough to provide an experience for those watching us share our passion for dance.
- Favorite Cowboys player past or present: My favorite Dallas Cowboys player is Jaylon Smith because at his final bowl game at Notre Dame he tore his ACL and MCL, but despite his injury he was still drafted in the second round by the Dallas Cowboys. The surgery ended up giving him nerve damage on his ankle during his first season, but he came back stronger than ever and ensured that he would still be an asset to the team. He is a perfect representation of someone with perseverance, which is one trait I believe to be the hardest to maintain.
- Favorite Performer: My favorite performer is Jojo Gomez. She exudes confidence and embraces her feminine energy and I admire that about her. Each of her moves are bold and sharp. She is the kind of performer that creates excitement and the urge to get up and dance.
- Favorite Music: My favorite music genre is R&B. I appreciate the history behind R&B music and how it connects to a more vulnerable side of us all.
- Favorite Quotes: My favorite quote is, " Success doesn't come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently." - Marie Forleo
- The three guests I would invite to my fantasy dinner party are (dead or alive): The three guests I would invite to my fantasy dinner party are actor, producer, songwriter, rapper and comedian, Will Smith, the Dallas Cowboys Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer, Charlotte Jones, and the CEO of Tesla Motors, Elon Musk. My reason for this is because I would like to pick their brains and understand the level of persistence and determination they endured to be as innovative as they are. I'd like to also hear what their goals look like now versus when they first began their journey to where they are now.