The Dallas Cowboys were looking to improve their depth in the defensive backfield when they drafted Anthony Brown with their first choice in the sixth round (189th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft. After finishing his collegiate career at Purdue starting each of his final 34 games, Brown stepped up as a rookie, playing in all 16 games with nine starts. He placed sixth on the team with 56 tackles, fourth with eight breakups and was one-of-eight players with an intercep- tion. Brown has proven to be a solid tackler who is willing to play with physicality while also showing his ability to play in both zone and press coverages and should continue to grow as a solid contributor in Dallas’ defensive backfield.
- Started nine of the 16 games he played as a rookie and was sixth on the defense with 56 tackles and fourth with eight deflections.
- Made his NFL debut against the N.Y. Giants (9/11) and notched his first career tackles, finishing with four.
- Had his first NFL start in place of Orlando Scandrick (hamstrings) as the team opened in the nickel against Chicago (9/25) and posted four tackles.
- Started in the slot at San Francisco (10/2) and had three tackles and two breakups, then had nine tackles with his first career stop for a loss in the win against Cincinnati (10/9).
- Had a season-high 10 tackles - eight solo - with a tackle for a loss, his first career forced fumble and a special teams tackle in the win at Green Bay (10/16).
- Started in the base package at Minnesota (12/1) and had four tackles, one breakup and a special teams tackle.
- Intercepted his first career pass to go along with two tackles and a breakup at the N.Y. Giants (12/11).
- Had one tackle as a reserve back in the Divisional Playoff Game against Green Bay (1/15/17).
- Finished fifth on the defense with 59 tackles, one stop for a loss, a team-best four interceptions, six breakups, a fumble recovery and a blocked kick, starting all 12 games as a senior. Added 39 rush yards on a fake punt.
- Started all 12 games as a junior and finished with 54 tackles, six for losses, 1.5 sacks, a fumble recovery and 10 breakups.
- As a sophomore, started 10 of the 12 games he played, finishing second on the team with 59 stops, with three for losses, a forced fumble and three deflections.
- Played in 10 games as a reserve and notched six tackles as a freshman.
- Second-team All-Hillsborough County with 25 tackles, two interceptions and three breakups as a senior at Hills- borough High School in Tampa, Fla. Also gained 911 yards on 139 runs with 14 touchdowns, caught 18 passes for 239 yards and a touchdown and averaged 24.1 yards-per-kickoff return.
- Ran a 10.58 in the 100-meters and 21.60 in the 200 as part of Hillsborough’s track & field team.
- Has a son, Anthony, Jr.
- Majored in organizational leadership and supervision at Purdue.
- 2016 Rookie Club.
- 2016-17 Cowboys U High School Camp.
- 2017 Dallas Cowboys Draft Day/Fan Appreciation Party.
- Annual Team Holiday Hospital Visits.
- Kickoff Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.