The Dallas Cowboys continued to build their young depth at linebacker with the selection of Damien Wilson with their fourth round pick (127th overall) in the 2015 NFL Draft. As a rookie, Wilson played in all 16 games, mainly on special teams and was third on the unit with nine tackles. He built off his special teams success as a rookie and played a more prominent role on the team in 2016, playing in all 16 games and starting the first six games of his career. He tallied 35 tackles, placing 12th on the team. Wilson will be in the mix for a starting spot at linebacker in 2017.
- Played in all 16 games for the second consecutive season while starting the first six games of his career, finishing with 35 tackles, four stops for losses, three pressures, one breakup and a half sack. Added six stops on special teams.
- Logged his first career sack, splitting one with Anthony Hitchens, along with a pair of special teams stops at Cleveland (11/6).
- Earned his first career start against Baltimore (11/20) and had two tackles.
- Logged six stops in a start in the win over Washington (11/24) on Thanksgiving Day.
- Had four tackles, one pressure and a breakup against Detroit (12/26), then logged a career-high nine tackles with three tackles for losses and two pressures in the finale at Philadelphia (1/1/17).
- Played in all 16 games, seeing most of his action on special teams, and finished third on the team with nine coverage tackles. On defense, he tallied seven tackles, two for losses, with one pressure.
- Made his NFL debut in the season opener, playing on special teams, against the N.Y. Giants (9/13) but did not record any stats.
- Recorded his first career stats - a pair of special teams tackles - in the win at Philadelphia (9/20).
- Saw time on defense with Sean Lee (concussion) missing the second half at New Orleans (10/4) and logged his first defensive stats - seven tackles, two stops for losses and a pressure - with one special teams stop.
- Started 12-of-13 games played as a senior to lead the team with 119 tackles - most tackles by a Gopher since Kim Royston made 123 in 2011 - a team-high 10.5 tackles for loss and tied for the team-lead with 4.0 sacks. Also recorded one interception, four pass breakups, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.
- Named to the media’s All-Big Ten First Team, the coaches’ All-Big Ten Second Team and received the team’s Carl Eller Award (outstanding defensive player) and Linebacker of the Year honors.
- In his first season at Minnesota, started 12-of-13 games at linebacker as a junior and was second on the team with 78 tackles and recorded 5.5 tackles for loss and one sack.
- Transferred to Jones County Junior College as a sophomore and led the team to a 6-3 record and anchored a defense that allowed only 18.1 points per game.
- Led the Mississippi Association of Community & Junior Colleges (MACJC), and was fourth in the nation, with a team-high 122 tackles (76 solo) at linebacker while starting all nine games. Also posted six tackles for loss, two sacks and two pass breakups.
- As a true freshman at Alcorn State, tallied a team-best 69 tackles, 16 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks while starting nine-of-10 games at defensive end.
- Attended Amite County High School in Liberty, Miss.
- Majored in business and marketing education at Minnesota.
- Cousin and former collegiate teammate of NFL running back David Cobb.
- 2015 Rookie Club presented by UnitedHealthcare.
- 2015-17 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
- 2015 Early Thanksgiving Day meal at The Salvation Army.
- 2017 Draft Day/Fan Appreciation Party.
- Annual Team Holiday Hospital Visits.
- Dallas Cowboys Kickoff Luncheon and Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.