With an immediate need for an impact player at right defensive end, the Dallas Cowboys packaged their original second (47th overall) and third round (78th overall) draft choices and moved up in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft in a trade with Washington to select DeMarcus Lawrence with the 34th overall pick. He was given the opportunity to compete for a starting spot during his first training camp, but a broken foot suffered in practice landed him on the Reserve/Injured-Returnable list, forcing him to miss the first eight games of the season. He played in seven regular season games, missing one with an injured chest, and both playoff games, tallying 11 tackles, one for a loss and six pressures. He had two sacks, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble in the postseason. In 2015 Lawrence earned the starting nod at end, and finished with 13 starts in 16 games played, leading the team with 8.0 sacks. He was suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season, then limited with a back injury as the season came to an end, playing nine games with three starts.
- Played in nine games (three starts), missing the first four due to a league-mandated suspension, and the final three with a back injury - finishing with eight tackles, one sack, a forced fumble and 13 hurries.
- Served a four-game suspension to start the year and returned for the win against Cincinnati (10/9) to log a pressure as a reserve lineman.
- Had three tackles, a sack, two stops for losses, a pressure and a forced fumble in the win at Pittsburgh (11/13).
- Had his first start of the year in the win over Baltimore (11/20) and had a pressure, then logged three tackles and two pressures, starting the Thanksgiving Day win over Washington (11/24).
- Logged a team-best five hurries in the Thursday night win at Minnesota (12/1).
- Missed the final three games of the regular season (back) but returned for the Divisional Playoff Game against Green Bay (1/15/17) and had three tackles, one for a loss and two pressures as a reserve.
- Played in all 16 games with 13 starts and led the team with 8.0 sacks, was second with 31 pressures, third with eight tackles for losses and eighth with 56 tackles.
- Made his first career start and posted a pair of tackles with a hurry in the opening win over the N.Y. Giants (9/13).
- Posted four tackles, three pressures and his first career regular season sack at New Orleans (10/4).
- Paced the defensive line with a career-best six tackles along with two pressures against Philadelphia (11/8).
- Logged his third sack of the season with one tackle and two hurries at Miami (11/22) before adding two tackles and two pressures on Thanksgiving Day against Carolina (11/26).
- Logged his first career multi-sack game with 2.0 at Washington (12/7). The first was on the first play of the game and his second was on the third play on which he also forced his first career fumble. Added two more tackles, one stop for loss and a hurry before the day ended.
- Had five tackles, a sack and two hurries at Green Bay (12/13) then added his third straight game with a sack, posting one, with four tackles, a career-high four stops for losses and a hurry against the N.Y. Jets (12/19).
- Had a sack in his fourth straight game, finishing with one along with five tackles and two hurries at Buffalo (12/27).
- Tied his season-high with six tackles along with two pressures in the season-ending loss to Washington (1/3/16).
- Landed on Reserve/Injured-Returnable as the season opened after breaking his foot in a training camp practice.
- Played in seven regular season games, posting 11 tackles, one for a loss, and six pressures.
- Played in both playoff games, finishing with one stop, two sacks, two fumble recoveries, a hurry and a forced fumble.
- Made his NFL debut against Arizona (11/2) and posted three tackles and a pressure before adding a tackle and a pressure at Jacksonville (11/9) in London.
- Had three tackles and a season-best three hurries in the season-ending win at Washington (12/28).
- In the Wild Card Playoff Game against Detroit (1/4/15), had the game sealing play on a sack/fumble that he also recovered. Finished with one tackle, the sack and forced fumble, one pressure and two fumble recoveries.
- Posted a sack in the Divisional Playoff Game at Green Bay (1/11/15).
- First-team All-Mountain West and was named Boise State’s Most Valuable Defensive Player, ranking third on the team with 72 tackles and forced three fumbles after starting each of his 12 games played as a junior.
- As a sophomore, started each of his 11 games played during his debut season with the Broncos and was named the team’s Most Outstanding Defensive Lineman after transferring from Butler Community College.
- Named first-team All-Mountain West after recording team highs with 13 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks, while also leading all Bronco defensive lineman with 48 tackles.
- Earned first-team JC Gridwire, second-team NJCAA All-America honors and was named first-team All-Jayhawk Conference after finishing with 69 tackles - second on the team - while also registering team highs with 21 tackles for loss and 12 sacks at Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kansas.
- Redshirted as a true freshman.
- Attended Silver Bluff High School in Aiken, S.C.
- Was a North-South All-Star selection his senior year in high school after playing tight end, offensive tackle and defensive end for the Bulldogs.
- Recorded 97 tackles and three sacks from the defensive tackle position during as a senior.
- Majored in communication at Boise State.
- 2014 Rookie Club presented by UnitedHealthcare.
- 2014 NFL PLAY 60 FITNESSGRAM® school visit.
- 2014 Home Run Derby Competition benefiting the Salvation Army.
- 2014-17 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
- 2014 NFL Play 60 clinic, London, England.
- 2014 Fan Appreciation Pep Rally, London, England.
- 2015-16 Served an early Thanksgiving Meal at The Salvation Army.
- 2017 Dallas Cowboys Draft Day/Fan Appreciation Party.
- Annual Team Holiday Hospital Visits.
- Kick Off Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.