Xavier Woods was chosen by the Dallas Cowboys in the sixth round (191st overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft and will immediately be placed in the mix for significant time at the safety position this season. Woods closed his colle- giate career with 14 career picks - ranked fifth all-time in Louisiana Tech history. He also totaled 277 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 20.5 tackles for loss, 18 breakups, six forced fumbles and two touchdowns (both on INTs), starting 51-of-53 games.
- Started all 14 games as a senior, making 89 tackles, 6.5 for loss, 3.0 sacks, five interceptions (first in Confer- ence USA, 13th in the nation), six pass breakups and one quarterback hurry.
- Earned All-Conference USA first-team, C-USA All-Academic for the third consecutive season and was named first team All-Louisiana by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association.
- His five interceptions were sixth in a season in school history, and he had one in three consecutive games.
- Registered double-digit tackles against Arkansas and Southern Miss.
- Took a pitch from Lloyd Grogan on an interception against Southern Miss and returned it 30 yards for a score.
- Registered two sacks against North Texas.
- Named first-team All-Conference USA and second-team All-Louisiana as a junior, registering 56 tackles, including 7.5 for a loss, with three interceptions, starting all 13 games.
- Returned an interception 18 yards and registered three solo tackles, including one for a loss of two yards against Southern.
- Led the Bulldogs with a career-high 10 tackles and broke up a pass against Mississippi State.
- Tied a Louisiana Tech record with two forced fumbles against North Texas.
- Notched six tackles, including a career-high two tackles for loss and forced two fumbles, tying a school record, against North Texas.
- Intercepted a pass, along with six tackles against Arkansas State in the R + L Carrier’s New Orleans Bowl.
Set a school record with 230 interception return yards on six interceptions (two for touchdowns), was second on the team with 71 total tackles, including 3.5 tackles for a loss with a sack. Added seven pass breakups, three forced fumbles, one hurry and a blocked kick as a sophomore, starting all 14 games.
Returned an interception 46 yards for a touchdown and registered six tackles at Louisiana-Lafayette.
Forced a fumble, registered his first career sack and totaled four tackles at North Texas.
Made two interceptions and two tackles against UTEP.
Totaled five tackles, with an interception and blocked a field goal attempt at UAB.
Had nine tackles, one forced fumble and one pass breakup at Marshall in the C-USA Championship Game (12/6).
Returned an interception 69 yards for a touchdown and tallied nine tackles in the win over Illinois in the Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl.
- Played in all 12 games as a freshman, starting 10, recording 61 total tackles with three tackles for a loss and two pass breakups.
- Notched nine total tackles against North Texas.
- Totaled eight tackles against Tulsa with a season-high 1.5 tackles for a loss.
• Attended West Monroe, La., High School where he was an all-state, all-Northeast Louisiana and all-district hon- oree and led his team to a state championship his junior year (2011).
• Returned two punts for 60 yards and returned one kickoff for four yards his senior year.
• Majored in social science.
• 2017 Rookie Club presented by Essilor USA.
• 2017 Cowboys U High School Camp.