FRISCO, Texas – With three weeks until the draft, the names are coming into focus.
The Cowboys started bringing in their 30 pre-draft visitors on Monday, which naturally led to a conversation about where their interests lie as they move closer to draft day.
Here are some of the highlights from the show:
- It's obvious the Cowboys have a need at running back, and their pre-draft movements reflect that. But one name stands out among the others to this point – Alabama's Damien Harris. Harris is widely considered one of the best backs in this draft class, and it's entirely possible the Cowboys would have to draft him at No. 58 if they want him. That led to a spirited debate about how soon would be too soon to draft a backup running back.
- There were a ton of fan questions on this week's episode, and the crew went rapid fire to get to them all. Several questions centered around the draft stock of Miami defensive tackle Gerald Willis.
- Another question brought up an interesting point about cornerback. With Byron Jones and Anthony Brown entering contract years, might it be smart for the Cowboys to invest the 58th pick on a corner?
- Speaking of sneaky needs, there was also a question about offensive tackle. With La'el Collins entering a contract year, would the Cowboys be willing to make a move on a tackle that might potentially slide down the draft board?
- With so much focus on the safety position, Dane Brugler also broke down the other NFL teams in the draft order that might need one – and how many safeties he thinks will go off the board before the Cowboys pick.
- The final segment of the show was classic "Tell Me More." The crew broke down five under-the-radar prospects. This week they took a look at Boston College safety Will Harris, Penn State cornerback Amani Orwuariue, Miami running back Travis Homer, Arkansas linebacker Dre Greenlaw and Cincinnati defensive tackle Cortez Broughton.
The link to the full show is here: