FRISCO, Texas -- Here's the scouting report on the new guy, who the Cowboys added to the roster on Wednesday.
Name: Justin Hamilton
Draft: Undrafted in 2015, spent time with Buffalo, Green Bay, Seattle, Philadelphia and Kansas City.
- Lines up as a one technique but there are snaps where you will see him at the three.
- I thought he was better straight ahead than lateral. Range was much better against San Francisco where he appeared in better shape. Showed some redirection skill for a big man.
- Powerful man. Plays with strength and leverage. Shows some pop when he comes off the ball. Did show the ability to discard the blocker.
- Size will allow him to take up blockers.
- Thought he could have done a better job finding the ball. There were snaps where he lost it due to getting in a battle with the blocker.
- There were snaps where he was a tick late with his reactions once the ball was snapped.
- Will extend his arms into the blocker for control.
- Had some problems on the double team maintaining his balance. Was on the ground attempting to defeat blocks.
- Pass rush comes from power more than moves. Can walk the blocker back in the pocket.
- Did have a swim move that got him past the Pittsburgh center when led to a tackle for loss.
- If he’s in shape can help but if not it will take him a few weeks but they could use him more sooner than later.