INDIANAPOLIS – The day has come to finally start the on-field drills portion of the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine and The Draft Show takes the airwaves for the second time from Indy. Former host Dane Brugler, of The Athletic, joined the show for the second straight day to discuss an important 24 hours in the draft process.
Thursday's show attacked all the storylines surrounding the defensive linemen, corners and first day of drills. After Mike McCarthy spoke to the media Wednesday afternoon, the Cowboys draft options remain wide open with the possibility of taking the best player available in the first round.
Over the course of an hour, the crew puts together their opinions and thoughts on the ever-changing elements surrounding the Combine's drills. With Thursday marking the beginning of the process, the most important drills will separate stand out players or could elevate some new names for the draft process to keep an eye on.
Here's a look at the rundown of the show along with the conversations had during the Thursday show from Indianapolis:
- (2:59) – With Thursday showcasing the defensive linemen during the morning's media session, the guys talk through the comments from Ohio State's Chase Young and entertaining the options of passing on the combine and keeping the best draft prospects out of the workouts.
- (6:55) – Continuing with the TV and fan-friendly evolution of the combine, how long does it take until players are holding out for more leverage and extra incentives to actually take part in the workouts.
- (9:50) – The three hosts discuss the meaning of head coach Mike McCarthy's comments about scheme fits and how that influences the building of the roster through the NFL Draft and free agency.
- (17:14) – Dane is challenged with the question of who could be a big surprise pick at 17th overall in the first round. The question leads the group to a conversation on if it is time to look at an offensive tackle.
- (25:09) – The second segment, was centered around fan questions with 'Twitter on the 20.' The first question talks about the possibility of taking a defensive tackle in the first round for the first time since 1991.
- (28:49) – A question surrounding the rank of TCU corner Jeff Gladney puts the cornerback position at center stage of a debate on who belongs where on the draft boards.
- (37:00) – Are fullbacks an option for the Cowboys in the draft, and would Mike McCarthy like to grab a prototypical player that fits his former fullback build.
- (47:10) – To wrap up the second show of the week, the guys discuss what to watch in the drills and how the changes to the combine could affect the results.
Here's is the full show: