PHOENIX – Safety Danny McCray ranked in the top 25 players who received performance-based pay during the 2012 season.
McCray was the only Cowboys player on the list, sliding in at No. 23 with $236,316 worth of performance-based pay. Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict earned the top figure in the NFL's performance-based pay program with $299,465 in additional pay.
The program compensates players for playing time based upon their salary levels. Players become eligible to receive a bonus distribution in any regular season in which they play at least one official down. Approximately $110.72 million of performance-based pay will be distributed to players for their performance last year.
Performance-based pay is computed by using a player index, which is produced by dividing a player's regular-season playing time by his adjusted regular-season compensation. Each player's index is then compared to those of the other players on his team to determine his pay.
Here is the full top 25 list:
1) Vontaze Burfict Cincinnati LB $299,465
2) Dallas Reynolds Philadelphia G $294,844
3) Brian de la Puente New Orleans C $289,875
4) Bobby Massie Arizona T $283,776
5) J'Marcus Webb Chicago T $275,360
6) Sam Acho Arizona LB $273,715
7) Bruce Miller San Francisco FB $273,426
8) Max Starks Pittsburgh T $272,590
9) Robert McClain Atlanta CB $269,505
10) Austin Howard NY Jets T $261,431
11) Reshad Jones Miami S $256,612
12) Byron Bell Carolina T $255,547
13) Jerrell Freeman Indianapolis LB $ 255,018
14) Chris Harris Denver CB $254,164
15) Todd McClure Atlanta C $251,204
16) Brandon Fusco Minnesota G $250,856
17) Richard Sherman Seattle CB $249,201
18) Robert Turner St. Louis C $248,067
19) Miles Burris Oakland LB $243,048
20) Josh Norman Carolina CB $242,475
21) Clint Boling Cincinnati G $237,484
22) Craig Robertson Cleveland LB $236,962
23) Danny McCray Dallas S $236,316
24) Mike Harris San Diego T $233,103
25) Isa Abdul-Quddus New Orleans S $233,063