With media access well underway for the 2019 season, this advisory is to serve as a reminder due to technology and applications that make live-reporting and live-streaming broadcasts widely viable for individual operators (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope, Meerkat, etc.).
If you have any questions about the policy outlined below, please contact a member of the Dallas Cowboys public relations staff.
- Open locker room at The Star/Ford Center and open practice sessions at The Star/Ford Center or AT&T Stadium, may not be live tweeted or broadcast live by an individual or media outlet (this includes the use of social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope and Meerkat, among others).
- Camera phones will be permitted to take only still photos during permissible "shooting" periods at practice and will not be permitted to shoot video or still photos in the locker room following practices.
- Video footage from practice, press conferences and open locker room sessions may not be disseminated on any social media platforms, in any form. A direct link back to your organization's website with the above footage is allowed as long as the footage complies with the NFL's online video regulations. Any game footage/highlights or anything gathered from credentialed access is not permitted to be posted on social media platforms OR organization websites per NFL rules and regulations.
- Traditional video and still photography must adhere to capturing only "tight shots" of individual players during the portions of practice that include personnel groups or full plays – special teams period, 7-on-7, etc.
- In accordance with the National Football League's online video regulations, any content (live or otherwise) gathered through credentialed access may not be archived online for longer than 24 hours and must be limited to 90 seconds in length per day.
- Signs, notes and other personal items or information posted in and around the locker room and at player lockers are not to be photographed, captured on cell phone or traditional video or reported on.
- No content can be streamed online by any media outlet unless the approved stream is simulcast live on the outlet's television or radio broadcast.
- Still photography and live video of any kind in and around the team's locker room is not permitted by an individual or media outlet unless prior approval has been granted by the Dallas Cowboys public relations department. (This includes, but is not limited to uses on Twitter, FaceBook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.).
Members of the media utilizing social media applications MUST adhere to the following guidelines at The Star/Ford Center and AT&T Stadium:
NO reporting of schemes, formations, personnel groups or plays is permitted at any time
NO live reports of any kind can be filed from the practice field through social media and/or on-air radio call-ins
NO use of camera phones for video at practice or in the locker room following practice
NO detailed speculation as to the potential nature or severity of an injury or level of practice participation until the injury report is issued
NO posting of any video gathered from credentialed access (practice, press conferences, locker room and game footage)
NO still photos in or around the locker room
NO reporting of signs, notes or photographs posted in and around the locker room and at player lockers
*** Failure to adhere to any of the above guidelines will result in the suspension or loss of credentials and access by an individual or media outlet.*