FRISCO, Texas – The Cowboys are aware of an incident involving Ezekiel Elliott that took place over the weekend, but they aren’t ready to comment on it just yet.
Videos surfaced Monday morning of the Cowboys’ All-Pro running back involved in an altercation at a concert in Las Vegas. The video included footage of Elliott being placed in handcuffs, although Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones confirmed he was not arrested.
“What we are aware of is he wasn’t arrested and hasn’t been charged,” Jones said Monday. “We’ll just continue to gather information, and that’s all we can say at this time.”
It had been a quiet offseason for Elliott up to this point. He hosted a youth football camp on Sunday at The Star, and last week he made headlines when he paid for the funeral expenses of St. Louis high school football prospect Jaylon McKenzie.
Jones did not want to comment on the specifics of the situation, but he did nod toward Elliott’s maturation process.
“It’s so unfair to comment at this point. But I think Zeke has been great in this community,” Jones said. “Last week he was very gracious on an unfortunate incident on a young man in St. Louis. Zeke’s got a big heart. These are all bumps, and people have challenges.”