There seems to be quite a few things going on here in Minnesota here in the first-half at Mall of America Field. Some good, a lot not-so-good.
· The defense has been gashed all half on the run. Adrian Peterson had 61 yards on his first nine carries.
· The two safeties – Gerald Sensabaugh and Abram Elam couldn't make a play on the ball, allowing Minnesota WR Bernard Berrian for a 49-yard touchdown. Elam seemed to have the ball in his sights but it went right through his hands for a TD.
· Sensabaugh did make up for his play by hurdling the line and blocking a FG that was scooped up by Alan Ball for a 20-yard touchdown. Sensabaugh also made a diving interception on the next series.
· Ball's blocked field goal return occurred just one play after injuring his elbow. Ball immediately went to the sideline and was carted off the field, but returned before the end of the half.
· Rookie PK Dan Bailey got his first field goal attempt of the preseason, drilling a 37-yarder. Bailey also made the extra point following Felix Jones' 5-yard touchdown run.
· Dez Bryant looks to be ready for the season. The second-year receiver has been a go-to receiver for Romo in the first half, including three big catches on the touchdown drive.
· Jesse Holley is making a case for a roster spot. Not only is he one of the better special teams players, but he came up with two big third-down catches to extend drives.
· Shayne Graham has been less than stellar on kickoffs, including a line-drive kick that led to a 53-yard return by Cord Parks.
· Rookie center Kevin Kowalski looked pretty good in a starting role for the first few series, but had a holding penalty that wiped out a 12-yard run by Tashard Choice. The Cowboys put three starters on the offensive line with Bill Nagy and Tyron Smith.
· Keith Brooking was a captain but has not played tonight. He just returned to practice this week because of a hamstring injury.
· Choice has had a few snaps in his first game of the preseason, but rookie DeMarco Murray did not play in the first half.