The Cowboys have a couple of ties among the final 18 finalists for this year's Pro Football Hall of Fame induction.
Former defensive end Charles Haley, the only player in NFL history with five Super Bowl rings, won three in Dallas and many believe he was the final piece of the puzzle for those dominant Cowboys' teams of the 90's.
Haley has been a finalist for the last five years and is certainly hoping to finally hear his name when the announcement is made on the eve of Super Bowl XLIX on Jan. 31 in Arizona.
Haley's coach in Dallas, Jimmy Johnson, is also among the finalists. He won two Super Bowls with the Cowboys and helped turn around the franchise from a 1-15 record his first year to back-to-back champions after the 1992-93 seasons.
Former Cowboys safety Darren Woodson, a five-time Pro Bowler, was on the list of 25 finalists for the Hall of Fame but didn't make Thursday's cut down to 18.
Here's a look at the finalists for this year's class:
- Morten Andersen, Kicker –1982-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-2000, 2006-07 Atlanta Falcons, 2001 New York Giants, 2002-03 Kansas City Chiefs, 2004 Minnesota Vikings
- Jerome Bettis, Running Back – 1993-95 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, 1996-2005 Pittsburgh Steelers
- Tim Brown, Wide Receiver/Kick Returner/Punt Returner – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/ Oakland Raiders, 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Don Coryell, Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers
- Terrell Davis, Running Back – 1995-2001 Denver Broncos
- Tony Dungy, Coach – 1996-2001 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2002-08 Indianapolis Colts
- Kevin Greene, Linebacker/Defensive End – 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers
- Charles Haley, Defensive End/Linebacker – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys
- Marvin Harrison, Wide Receiver – 1996-2008 Indianapolis Colts
- Jimmy Johnson, Coach – 1989-1993 Dallas Cowboys, 1996-99 Miami Dolphins
- John Lynch, Free Safety –1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos
- Orlando Pace, Tackle – 1997-2008 St. Louis Rams, 2009 Chicago Bears
- Bill Polian, Contributor – 1978-1982 Kansas City Chiefs, 1984-1992 Buffalo Bills, 1993-94 National Football League, 1995-97 Carolina Panthers, 1998-2011 Indianapolis Colts
- Junior Seau, Linebacker – 1990-2002 San Diego Chargers, 2003-05 Miami Dolphins, 2006-09 New England Patriots
- Will Shields, Guard – 1993-2006 Kansas City Chiefs
- Mick Tingelhoff, Center – 1962-1978 Minnesota Vikings
- Kurt Warner, Quarterback – 1998-2003 St. Louis Rams, 2004 New York Giants, 2005-09 Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Wolf, Contributor – 1963-1974, 1979-1989 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders, 1966 American Football League, 1976-78 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1990-91 New York Jets, 1991-2001 Green Bay Packers