The Miller Lite Corral, a staple at Texas Stadium for years, will open its doors at AT&T Stadium for the 2014 season. The center of pre and postgame entertainment, the Miller Lite Corral will welcome its first guests on Saturday night, Aug. 16 when the Dallas Cowboys open their 2014 home schedule.
The new Miller Lite Corral will be located in the Miller Lite Plaza on the west side of the stadium and is open to all fans with a game ticket before, during, and after the game. The plaza will open three hours before kickoff and stay open until two hours after each game.
"We are excited to be able to bring the Miller Lite Corral back for our fans," said Charlotte Anderson, Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer for the Dallas Cowboys. "A generation of fans enjoyed celebrating Cowboys victories at the corral at Texas Stadium, and with the help of Miller Lite, we have been able to bring that gathering place to life once again at AT&T Stadium."
The new Miller Lite Corral will feature a 117' x 70' tent providing over 8,000 square feet of shade for fans. The area will also expand beyond the tent onto adjacent patios and a beer garden amid the landscaped terraces and live oak trees in the west plaza. Miller Lite will have an additional 1,300 square foot mezzanine level inside the structure for entertaining VIP guests.
Additional features of the Miller Lite Corral include:
- A 90" big screen television for game day entertainment
- 17 additional television monitors placed throughout the space
- 22 point of sale locations for concessions
The Dallas Cowboys will program a number of entertainment elements in the Miller Lite Plaza and Corral to be enjoyed by fans before, during and after the game. These include:
- Pregame (beginning three hours prior to kickoff) [embedded_ad]
* Live musical entertainment on the Miller Lite Plaza stage * An entertainment host and DJ * Appearances by the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders * Performances by the Miller Lite Rhythm and Blue dancers and drum line
* During game
* A live radio feed of game to accompany the television game broadcast on the plaza video boards and televisions
* A performance by the Rhythm and Blue dance team
* Postgame (open until two hours after the game)
* An entertainment host and DJ inside the Miller Lite Corral * Live musical performances from the plaza stage * Rhythm and Blue dance team performances and autographs
The original Texas Stadium Corral was a gathering spot for Cowboys fans for almost 20 years just outside Texas Stadium in Irving. It featured an 80' x 100' tent just off the 50-yard line on the south side of the stadium.