(Editor's Note: With less than one month until the start of the 2017 NFL Draft on April 27, the staff of DallasCowboys.com intends to preview the landscape of possible Cowboys draft picks – from the first round to the last. Today's featured player is Florida's Teez Tabor).
Name: Teez Tabor
Height/Weight: 6-0 / 199
Honors:Tabor earned first-team All-American and All-SEC honors as a junior in 2016.
Key stat: Tabor tied for the team lead two straight years with four interceptions as a sophomore and junior.
Where He's Projected:Tabor has dropped off a bit because of a slower 40 time and some character concerns. Once projected as a solid first-round pick, Tabor has dropped to the later part of the round and perhaps the second round.
How He Helps the Cowboys: At this point, any cornerback could help the Cowboys because of their lack in numbers. A guy like Tabor could certainly make a difference with his ability to get interceptions. He's also a solid tackler and timely blitzer. As a starter for three years at Florida, Tabor should have no problems making the transition to the NFL rather quickly.
- Press man cornerback. Plays the double move well. Can stay in front of his man.
- Hard guy to run away from. Quick reactions. Can cover some ground to help.
- Does a nice job of tracking the ball.
- Makes the effort to tackle. Can stay in position on the route. Gets square quickly. Smooth back pedal. Can turn and drive.
- Shows catch up and recovery speed. Plays with an extended burst. Has the hips and change of direction to turn and run. Will plant and come quickly to break on the route. Nice ball reactions.
- Plays with body control and balance. Has the length to match up with size. Able to key and diagnose either in man or zone.
- Has a slow timed speed (4.61) 40 yard dash but doesn't play that way. Film shows the ability to make plays so that number doesn't bother me.
- Will likely be on the board when the Cowboys select in the first round and should be consideration.
- Bryan Broaddus