FRISCO, Texas – Wide receiver Dez Bryant and defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford will participate in individual drills at practice Sunday after sitting out the Cowboys' third preseason game with a concussion.
"I think they're having a test of some sort later today or tomorrow morning," Garrett said. "But they'll do individuals and we'll keep them out of the team work."
Quarterback Tony Romo (back) was not at practice during the open media portion after the team announced he suffered a fractured bone in his back Thursday against the Seattle Seahawks. The Cowboys have not set an official timetable for the injury, though they expect him to return at some point this season and haven't ruled him out for the Sept. 11 season opener.
Elsewhere on the roster:
- Cornerback Orlando Scandrick did not play against the Seahawks after experiencing a little groin soreness a week ago, coming off his first game appearance since tearing his ACL and MCL in last year's training camp. Scandrick said he expects to be ready for the season opener barring a setback, and he was dressed for practice Sunday, though it's unknown how much work he might do.
- Linebacker Andrew Gachkar (thumb) was dressed for practice after missing all three preseason games since undergoing thumb surgery in early August.
- Wide receiver Terrance Williams also was dressed for practice after having his hand X-rayed during Thursday's game. X-rays were negative.
- Among the players who didn't appear to be practicing included safety J.J. Wilcox, who was shaken up in the Seattle game; guard Ronald Leary (groin); and defensive end Charles Tapper (back); linebacker James Morris; fullback Rod Smith (infection); and linebacker Mark Nzeocha (Achilles).
- Continuing to be out of practice are quarterback Kellen Moore (fibula); tight end James Hanna (knee; Active/PUP), running back Darren McFadden (elbow; Active/NFI) and linebacker Jaylon Smith (knee; Active/NFI). Linebacker Rolando McClain and defensive end Randy Gregory remain on the Reserve/Did Not Report list.