FRISCO, Texas – The final full practice before Thursday's preseason game at Seattle did not include wide receiver Dez Bryant or defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford – and both starters will not play against the Seahawks due to concussions suffered in practice this week.
Head coach Jason Garrett said Bryant caught a pass and accidentally collided with safety Barry Church during Monday's practice.
"It was a non-descript hit. He kind of turned and Barry Church was actually slowing down," Garrett said. "But somehow the angle of Barry's shoulder pads and the angle of Dez's head, they hit. Dez took a couple steps and he kind of felt something. We obviously took him out for the rest of practice and we deemed it a concussion.
"He seemed much better today, but with it happening so close to the game he's not going to be able to play in this game. But we don't think there's a long-term concern here."
Crawford left Sunday's practice with what was deemed a concussion.
Elsewhere on the roster:
- All-Pro left tackle Tyron Smith (stinger) has returned to near-full participation in practice, Garrett said, though he didn't confirm whether Smith would play against the Seahawks.
- Cornerback Orlando Scandrick has not practiced the last two days since last Friday's preseason game against the Miami Dolphins, his first game action since the 2014 season. His surgically-repaired knee feels good, but he said he experienced a little groin soreness and is sitting out as a precaution.
- Rookie cornerback Anthony Brown has returned to practice after suffering a hamstring injury in the Aug. 13 preseason opener against the L.A. Rams.
- Other players who weren't practicing during the open media portion Monday included cornerback Jeremiah McKinnon (wrist), linebacker James Morris, fullback Rod Smith (infection), linebacker Andrew Gachkar (thumb), linebacker Mark Nzeocha (Achilles), guard Ronald Leary (groin), defensive end Shaneil Jenkins (hamstring) and defensive end David Irving (groin).
- Quarterback Kellen Moore is wearing a cast for the fractured fibula that required surgery, and he will miss several months. Also continuing to be out of practice are tight end James Hanna (knee; Active/PUP), running back Darren McFadden (elbow; Active/NFI) and linebacker Jaylon Smith (knee; Active/NFI). Linebacker Rolando McClain and defensive end Randy Gregory remain on the Reserve/Did Not Report list.