*(Editor's Note: With the offseason practices now complete, the Cowboys will take some downtime before departing for training camp on July 28. Until then, let's focus on some of the more unknown rookies on this team, fighting for a roster spot. Today's featured player is cornerback Jason Wilson.) *
Name: Jason Wilson
College: Central Michigan
Height/Weight: 6-0 / 185
Acquired: Undrafted Free Agent
Jersey Number: 33
Collegiate Career:Wilson started his Central Michigan career at wide receiver, but he made the switch to cornerback early enough that he was still able to make 30 starts at the position. He managed seven pass breakups for the Chippewas last season.
Did You Know?Wilson never missed a game in his four seasons at Central Michigan.[embeddedad0]
2015 Outlook: At 5-10, 185 pounds, he finds himself on the smaller side of the spectrum – although that wasn't a problem for Tyler Patmon last summer. The fact the Cowboys have talented receivers throughout the roster, Wilson has a chance to shine if he can compete well in matchups against Terrance Williams, Cole Beasley and perhaps Dez Bryant.
- Started his career as a wide receiver so he has an understanding of his opponent and should be able to figure out offensive schemes.
- Will step up when he reads the run.
- Likes to play up on the receiver. Can be physical with his man when he gets his hands on him.
- Will chase from the backside to grab a play.
- Has walked inside and covered the tight end as well.
- Didn't see a burst or catch-up speed.
– Bryan Broaddus