OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys added cornerback Justin Green from the Patriots Tuesday in a trade that sent Ben Bass to New England.
- Press man type of cornerback. Solid thick build.
- Very physical off the line. Plays square and has upper body strength to disrupt routes.
- Really nice strike ability when he gets his hands on the receiver.
- Can adjust to the movement of the receiver.
- Some initial quickness but lacks an extended burst. Not the type of corner that is going to walk you down with his speed.
- Limited acceleration. Takes him some time to really get going when he is running.
- Plays with a physical side in getting rid of blockers and finding the ball. Doesn't want to stay blocked. Will wrap up.
- More than willing to support the run. Makes the effort to run across the field when ball goes away from him.
- Played as the starter on special teams at L4 on the kickoff, left gunner on the punt and outside blocker on the punt return. Was solid in all areas. Was able to pin the ball inside the two against the Redskins after beating his man on the outside.