* *Some general thoughts from the film room at Valley Ranch. If you'd like to check out the coaching film from last weeks games sign up for NFL Game Rewind:
- Look for Mike Jenkins to be back in the mix this week on defense, not only in the base group, but on some sub-packages as well. I really believe that Rob Ryan is going to play all these cornerbacks during the Seahawks game, but look for Orlando Scandrick to still handle receivers out of the slot
- The front office has added former Jets practice squad player LeQuan Lewis, a cornerback from Arizona State, to the 53-man roster to take the place of Colin Cochart, who was waived on Tuesday. Lewis has spent time with Oakland and Tennessee as well before getting this promotion. The tape shows a player that does a nice job on special teams as a cover man. This move will be used to see if they can add a core guy to the mix. If Lewis is on the game day roster, there are a couple different ways the club can go, but most likely. safety Manu Silva would sit.
- I can see rookie linebacker Kyle Wilber getting an opportunity to practice this week with the hope of getting him ready for the Seahawks game. Wilber was able to get some work on Monday since breaking his thumb in training camp. Wilber would be used in some sub-packages, as well as on special teams.
- Studying the Seattle-Arizona game from Sunday, the Cardinals had three scoring drives of 13, 11 and 11 plays against the Seahawks defense. This game has a feel of Jason Garrett trying to help the offensive line with the crowd noise by running the ball with DeMarco Murray, Felix Jones and Phillip Tanner. Don't be surprised if we see more "13" (one back, three tight ends, one wide receiver) personnel. Murray had some nice runs as a single back against the Giants.
- If something were to happen to long snapper L.P. Ladouceur in a game, tight end John Phillips would be the emergency snapper. After what happened to the Raiders on Monday night football, look for all teams around the league to work guys out on special teams to be sure about their backup.