6-3, 301, 4.96 (40 time)
Selected by Carolina Panthers in 3rd round of 2009 NFL Draft
The Cowboys have added yet another defensive tackle to the roster, by signing tackle Corvey Irvin, a former third-round pick of the Panthers in 2009. Bryan Broaddus checked a few of his recent games this past preseason as a member of the Bears.
Games Viewed: Chicago Bears Preseason 2013 vs. Carolina & San Diego
- Played both as a one and three technique in a 4 – 3 scheme, would say that he is better suited to play as the three.
- Really nice initial quickness off the snap but needs to win on that first move.
- Tends to play high and upright, when he gives up his chest, he struggles to get off the block.
- When he is free, can get up the field and make things happen, keeps moving and working, did a nice job of working down the line.
- Thought he was a bit hit-and-miss when it came to finding the ball, there were times where he was too tied up with blocker and by him.
- Better when he was on the move, twist, slant, will use pass rush moves to try and free himself, will even try to spin, active here. [embedded_ad]
- Thought he was much better as a pass rusher than he was as a run player, times where he got too high and washed on the play.
- Needs to do a better job of using his hands when it comes to getting off blocks when playing against the run, again needs to win on that first move.
- Fits the scheme because of his ability to quickly get off the ball, attacking the blocker, but needs to play with better stoutness.